• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Seat Heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a pair for my front two seats :) However, how much power does this draw? Will a 55amp alternator be powerful enough to run these?

ohh yeah, that was the question I was worried about. My car almost craps out as is when I turn the rear window defroster on. I can't imagine these being any better.

ohh yeah, that was the question I was worried about. My car almost craps out as is when I turn the rear window defroster on. I can't imagine these being any better.

uh, I didn't even think about that being an issue.

I mean, people run amps and subs in their contours... I would have thought if they could run those that this wouldn't be a problem.

On a side note... I received my heated seats kit yesterday. I opened the box and breifly looked at the kits, didn't look through the instructions or paper work though. The kits look nice, wiring and connectors look good, doesn't look like some cheaply thrown together kit. Now I just need to finish the motor and get that all back together then get these installed.

I remember seeing 70 watts stated somewhere (probably in the instruction manual). I am at work so I can't confirm that until later.
Assuming 70W is per seat @ 12V that would be 5.833 amps per seat or 11.67 amps total.

hotdimmes --- Does you rear defroster work properly? It seems like it would have to draw a lot of current to make your car almost stall. Maybe you have a short in the defroster circuit.

I remember seeing 70 watts stated somewhere (probably in the instruction manual). I am at work so I can't confirm that until later.
Assuming 70W is per seat @ 12V that would be 5.833 amps per seat or 11.67 amps total.

hotdimmes --- Does you rear defroster work properly? It seems like it would have to draw a lot of current to make your car almost stall. Maybe you have a short in the defroster circuit.

I may have been exaggerating. But when I do hit the rear defrost, my rpms drop and everything dims for a 1-2seconds, then goes back to normal.

SVT_CT, let me know if you need any help or company installing these. Wouldn't mind seeing exactly what it takes before I do it, which prob won't happen till spring.

Matt R said:
From the company: "This is for the #29708 H3 Seat Heater Kit"... so the next model up.
Woooooo Hooooooo! Thanks fearless leader! :thumbup:

Hey Chris, how's the SE going?

It's going very well, thank you. Aside from the seats being cold as ice, she rides smooth as glass.

Now if I can only remember who hooked me up with the suspension pieces I could publicly say thanks.... :D

Chris

Last edited:

quoted from Page 10 of 14 of the installation manual...

"...Please ensure that your vehicles battery can support the additional load of 12 volts / 4.7 amp / 60W heat, that is the minimum requirement for our seat heater systems. We have never come across a vehicle that didn't fit this requirement so you can rest assured that there will be no problems during the installation for your vehicle."

Has anyone actually gotten these things installed yet? I was going to wait for pictures before I spent a $120 on seat heaters. I mean I've heard of people just buying heat blankets and using them in their cars. This would look very nice and the push buttons they provide look professional. I'm just a little hesitate to take my seats apart for these until I see it done.

FYI everyone, Thursday is the last day you can order them at the discount price. They are currently $100 each, so you're saving $80 on a set of 2.

I may have been exaggerating. But when I do hit the rear defrost, my rpms drop and everything dims for a 1-2seconds, then goes back to normal.

SVT_CT, let me know if you need any help or company installing these. Wouldn't mind seeing exactly what it takes before I do it, which prob won't happen till spring.

hotdimmes
Hopefully I'll try them this weekend...I'll PM you when I know for sure..

if you could, could you take some pictures along the way? I know their is install instructions supplied with the kits but it's always nice to see it done on specifically what you are working on.

I briefly looked through the instruction last week and I'm not fully sure I understand a couple parts of it. Though I assume once I have the seats apart and everything in front of me I would understand it more.

Yep you can call today, you'd pay $120. Just tell them it's for "Matthew's group buy".

Anyone that makes a purchase, please post here so we can figure out how many sets have been bought.

FYI everyone, Thursday is the last day you can order them at the discount price. They are currently $100 each, so you're saving $80 on a set of 2.

So which is it... $120 for a set or $200 for a set?

Last chance for anyone interested in one seat heater, you have till midnight tonight to send me the money.

I know someone had mentioned wanting to purchase a single kit for two seat bottoms...

FYI: It doesn't look like the individual seat heaters can be separated (i.e. one kit used for two bottom cushions). The two heating pads in the kit are not the same. The upper pad is a 2-wire pad and the lower is a 4-wire pad. I believe the difference is the thermostat is only in the lower pad, hence more wires. The manual stated several times that the 4-wire pad is used only on the bottom and the 2-wire on the top.

Just wanted to update jic. :)

Chris

I'm REALLY contemplating this. It is a hell of a deal. But I don't know If I am 100% sold on needing them and am a little iffy on the installation.

I drove in a Infinity M35 and actually liked the cooled seats better than the heated seats.

I know this is the last day....decisions decisions.

I'm REALLY contemplating this. It is a hell of a deal. But I don't know If I am 100% sold on needing them and am a little iffy on the installation.

I drove in a Infinity M35 and actually liked the cooled seats better than the heated seats.

I know this is the last day....decisions decisions.

This price is unbeatable... buy them, and if you decide not to install them, you could sell them to someone else probably for more than you paid for them.

This price is unbeatable... buy them, and if you decide not to install them, you could sell them to someone else probably for more than you paid for them.

True...I'm a little weary of the installation though. I've never removed a seat in this car or messed with removing upholstery etc. so I don't know how difficult it is

BTW, it's been mentioned, but they're phone ordering system sucks horribly. You call, get on hold and are "first in line", and it transfers you to voicemail. It's happened 4 times to me now. This is why I would so much rather do online ordering, but they won't let you for this GB... :rolleyes:

True...I'm a little weary of the installation though. I've never removed a seat in this car or messed with removing upholstery etc. so I don't know how difficult it is

I think thats how most of us are feeling. I've never messed with this before but figure with some guidance and patience I can do it. Besides, the price is unbeatable and cold leather sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back