• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Seat Heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
the thought of heated seats is compelling, especially on the leather. That was one thing I didn't care for on the leather interior in my Accord, was they were hard and cold in the winter. So I may be interested in set for my SVT but I am concerned with the difficulty in taking the seat apart to install these.

I just replaced the heating elements on my friends SVT focus, and I must say that taking the seats apart really isn't that hard at all.

I just replaced the heating elements on my friends SVT focus, and I must say that taking the seats apart really isn't that hard at all.

did you use any special tools or just basic hand tools? You didn't by chance take any pictures that you could do a short write-up?

My car is down right now as I am doing all the upper seals and gaskets, brakes, etc. So right now would be perfect to remove the seats and install these.

did you use any special tools or just basic hand tools? You didn't by chance take any pictures that you could do a short write-up?

My car is down right now as I am doing all the upper seals and gaskets, brakes, etc. So right now would be perfect to remove the seats and install these.

gonna guess you need hog rings and hog ring pliers? Make sure you get good ones!

How to dissassemble and reassemble seats

How to dissassemble and reassemble seats

I was looking into replacing the leathers on my seats. Maybe this info will be helpful:

seatman said:
If its a full power seat which i think it is, make a drawing of the way that long power harness snakes through your full power track. Those 2 "driveshafts" that are plugged into each side of the center power motor, pinch their white plastic ends together with pliers & they come right off!!!! All wiring plug connections are individually shaped so cant be mixed up!!!! Just study the way the old ones on there & do the new one the same way!!!!! Make the cuts in the trim that expose the side plastic bracket & recliner handle post after everything else is done. When putting in the side plastic screw, the one in the back, take a pick & find the hole first before putting the screw in. Makes it easier.

ok, I was figuring I would need something like this. Where would I get them and how would I know if they are good or cheap?

Actually I might be talking out of my bum. I know you need hog ring pliers/hog rings for the back, but maybe not for the seat. Can't really remember...

haha, so back to my question... where would I get those and how would I know what is good or cheap?

I didn't use any, I used needle nose pliers and re-used the hog rings. I can see them helping, but I didn't find them to be required.

Gathering what's been posted so far, here's what the current interest seems to be:

Matt R (full set)
yamaha racer 686 (unknown)
blu_fuz (full set)
SnoopaCooga (1 only)
ancientsanskrit (unknown)
LilCe98 (unknown)
BoarderPow (1 only)
muntus (full set)
ConcepTrs913 (full set)
ohsigmachi (unknown)
trhlz1222 (unknown)
SVT#4967 (full set)
OutlawdSVT (unknown)
KyleQ (unknown)
Blackfoot (unknown)
Tony2005 (1 only)

If anyone can provide any information about removing the leather/upholstery, please post it here so we can get this group buy going!!!

yep, I'm interested in a full set. Would like to get this going so I can do it after I get my head gaskets and everything else done, basically do everything while the car is down.

Once this gets going, I will most likely go to Grainger (there is one located ~1 mile from my house) and pick up a Stanley-Bostitch hog ring plier that has automatic feed (thought that would be a nice feature to make things easier and a one hand operation of the pliers).

So you mentioned that we can just call and order through them if we are ordering a full set (2), when would we do this? Do you have to confirm with them how many sets you have people ready to buy first so when we call they are ready with the correct pricing?

A minimum of the 10 sets would need to be placed all at the same time in order to get the full discount price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back