• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SE Roll Call

i really hope so. ive been trying for a year now...its always something. this is the first time ive even posted pics in about a year so i need to get out there and start whoring connie!

Lone CEGer in MS?

Lone CEGer in MS?

I know there used to be 2 CEGers in Mississppi, I met one. Don't seem to see anyone. It was unisys12... and doesn't look like he's been on in a while...

Pics are here

very nice!! 40k AAAHH I remember those days.. Id leave that car stizock and low miles!

very nice!! 40k AAAHH I remember those days.. Id leave that car stizock and low miles!

Ya well my SE has 158K on it and my younger broter is buying it off of me, so now the SVT is my main car...

What's great is that the 1st owner was a older single guy and only drove it in the summer. In the Michigan winters, he garaged it. You should see the inside, it's nearly showroom floor condition as far as it looks like all the interested people sat in the driver's seat and nobody sat in the back or passenger seat. I'll get some pictures of the interior when it's not raining and sunny ourside. I'll probably also snap some pictures of the car around Ole Miss and Oxford. The second owner was a friend of his and didn't want to drive the car as an every day driver. He also wasn't in need of money so he was pretty firm on the price, but it was worth every cent!

It will stay mostly stock for a while. Minor mods that I'd like to do and wouldn't really change the look of the car much:

True Duals
Remove door guards
Painted front oval
Hightowered lights
Black Rims
Tinted windows (I'm sure you guys in the South can understand this)

I've always wanted a Black SVT that's been blacked out... :D

All of this hindered by the fact that I quit work to go back to school and finish my degree to get a USMC commission... I hate having no extra $$ to play with!

Name: Shaun
Car: 1998 SVT Contour
Color: Silver
Mod List: None yet :(

IMG_1215.jpg

Shaun we need to meet up somtime.
I live in cape coral..i work a few days a week in Fort myers and every now and then venture to downtown naples.

Name: Joseph sites
Car: 2000 Mercury Cougar "Roush Clone"
Color: Laser Red
Mod List: a lot of mods....i can do a list if u want

img7141st0.jpg

img7139uf8.jpg

sorry no pics of me with the car since i am always gone, haven't driven her that much in the last 3 yrs, i could always post a pic of me from over here

i am looking to possibly get a DD when i get home. i am thinking either a f250 or a CSVT

he OB1 that look familiar, or at least the house lol

Last edited:
Yeah one ride in your car made me do a 3L. I think I have a pic of you w/ your car hold on.........
tnfrm001.jpg

Yep thats Joey! Come home safe we need to do another CEG/NECO SE meet! This time we'll try to get more than 3 guys. :)

thanks ob i never had that pic....u and the wife coming up if we have a meet when i get back?

here is 2 pics of me from over here enjoy lol
Bwt I am a crewchief on a Medevac Blackhawk

sta60053xp9.jpg

Last edited:
Maaaaaaaaan.....talk about some swweeet rides!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me ill that my car has so many miles and so few mods. Dang, I need two new front tires again...when we sell the house and move to an apartment, hopefully I can use that money to pay off the car....finally. Then who knows what....with the apartment, I won't be getting something new...so it will be time to re-invent. Name: Rich
Car: 2004 Chevy Cavalier
Color: Arrival Blue
Mod List: Not nearly enough

Awesome cars...well I just got mine in November...

Awesome cars...well I just got mine in November...

but its got potential. The red car is my MX-6 that I finished in July and sold in November...Hopefully the Tour will look this good (1993 LS (KLZE/JDM swap). Oh, my newest ride I just traded my Tribute in for...2008 Mazda6 Sport Value Edition "I"...

2673035_10_full.jpg

I'm back

I'm back

After almost four years w/out a Contique, I'm back.
I got for $1950 plus tax and tag a 1999 Mystique LS with the V6 engine. It has 60k miles.

The engine is awesome, immensely powerful, and what a sound; it's a turbine, not an engine. The gas mileage is surprisingly well.

What I've to do asap is to fix the wheel bearing(s?). Otherwise, the car is very well, mechanically. Yet the paint is faded and partly peeled off. Dunno how to fix that,...

The interior instruments work very well as well. Yet, the interior is incredibly dirty. Have to clean that intensively. Actually, this is beyond my reach. There are stains on the seats, which need a steam cleaner.
The best think would be to bring the car to experts, who could detail it? Dunno, what do u think? Anyones to recommend in Dade/Broward?

Anyways, now I'm mobile, after almost four months of search, and look forward to meet some other Contiques enthusiasts.

Lets see some pics. I have a steam cleaner.. would just need an extension cord !!
The pics have to wait a bit, don't have a digital cam. As for the steam cleaner, yeah, that would be great. I called a "deluxe mobile car wash" dude, and he was supposed to be here at 10, and he ain't answering his phone. So much for punctuality in Miami, and I wanted to get this car thing over by today.
The interior is really bad, there are huge stains, don't know (don't wanna know) what caused them,

Back