• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Saleen Contour

kw8z3boi

Veteran CEG'er
I was wondering if anyone here seen the Saleen Contour in real life.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Yes someone on here has. He also posted pics of the car.

Don't remember his name though.

yes it does still exist. It is actually for sale, been discussed before you can find the thread by searching.

I heard it's running but not for highway use. That's a collector for sure but If I owned it, It would be properly stored for 20 years until spring Zing 2028 where it would sit on an immaculately manicured lawn.

307035080.jpg

Last edited:
If i remember correctly, there was cosmetic damages on the car (crack in the front bumper and some others) and that the car is currently located at the saleen store in Irvine,CA. If it is really there i should make a trip there, it's only about an hour away but even if it does reside there, who knows what policy they would have on letting people in their garage to see it :p

Didn't know Saleen made one. Pretty cool.

LMAO! These threads make me wonder if someone, somehow brought back an old thread from the original forum. :blackeye:

And kw8z3boi, I have no idea what your name means, or what you said in your last post, but I definitely feel dumber, having tried to figure both of them out.

Mark

hopefully if someone own this car will not crash it or damage it. I'll be so piss of because like those celebrities ...

The car is a pile of crap already. Like someone said before it has cracks in the bumpers, the supercharger is gone, and IIRC from a previous post when someone went there saleen said it runs like poop and they wish they didn't have it there anymore.

LMAO! These threads make me wonder if someone, somehow brought back an old thread from the original forum. :blackeye:

And kw8z3boi, I have no idea what your name means, or what you said in your last post, but I definitely feel dumber, having tried to figure both of them out.

Mark

Well is Kw8z3boi= Crazy Boy
What I meant is I better not hear about the car is damage because of some stupid celebrity who wanted to test drive it and crash that piece of antique

edit: Damn elraido beat me

This was a big topic in the past - lots of pictures of that poor beat-up car around.

Before I bought my second low mileage 99 SVT, I was way more than a little serious about buying the Saleen, but not for the ridiculous price they wanted (pretty close though). That car with my turbo drivetrain would be... more than unique. A 400+ FWHP one of a kind "Saleen" Contour SVT with a Noble 3L, the last ADC T3/T4 Turbo kit ever made, custom THMS tranny and all the suspension and brake goodies.

They should have sold it to me if only to ensure it doesn't become a joke... but that’s all past now.

My next serious project car will be a … Well I already own it – but I’m keeping that a secret. :laugh:

Well is Kw8z3boi= Crazy Boy
What I meant is I better not hear about the car is damage because of some stupid celebrity who wanted to test drive it and crash that piece of antique

:confused:

"what I meant to say was I don't want to hear that the car has been damaged because a careless celebrity crashed it while test driving a peice of contour history."

^^^^is that what you where trying to say :confused: ^^^^
man I even had troulbe trying to type that after reading what you posted ...

Back