• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RWD CSVT: PRT's CDW-27 RWD conversion build thread.

I'd like to suggest you make some kind of fund raiser to help this project along, maybe a custom cut vinyl sticker for our cars.

Like the PRT shirts and stickers available at PRTAutosport.com?

Almost out of shirts and ordering new designs, but have plenty of stickers sitting around...

I was thinking something more exclusive for just this build. Something that is a one time only type of deal, that way it can carry a premium price. I'm sure someone has a whitty idea for an image/slogan related to rear wheel drive contours!

I asked people if I had PRT shirts made, would the buy them, they said yes, I ordered them and no one bought them so I started giving them away.

I asked people if I had PRT stickers made, would the buy them, they said yes, I ordered them and no one bought them so I started giving them away.

I'm not playing that game for a third time. PRT as a whole is the car's(and shops) fundraiser. People don't buy parts, I can't do R&D.

people buy stickers :cool:
190f47ad.jpg

If I could possibly come up with the cash right now for those solid subframe mounts and rear control arms that I talked to you about a while ago I definitely would!

Guys, I'm not complaining one bit. The community has helped a ton over the years with their business. I was simply making the point that a special sticker or what have you is not something I will be looking into doing.

Back to the build: Tonight we are going to look at S13 front knuckles and struts, and if the price is right will likely be snagging them up for the RWD build.

Interesting, how much work did it take to mount? Had to be some custom fabbing going on there...

Drill out contour upper strut mount, install on S13 strut. I think I spent 10 minutes on this. New control arms will need to be built once the sub frame is built. The final pruduct will run full S13 coil overs up front for sure, and we will be welding in new strut tower tops.

If only I had resources to use a different coilover setup lol I can't wait to see the swap done. And by swap, I'm more interested in the suspension part right now lol ;]

If only I had resources to use a different coilover setup lol I can't wait to see the swap done. And by swap, I'm more interested in the suspension part right now lol ;]

It would be as simple as a knuckle adapter Mike. Build an adapter that installs in the McPherson location with any other style of mounting on top of it.

Glad to see things coming along on the build Josh, this car, when its done, should be debuted at our Dragon run......or SZ!

Back