• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Road trip time!

Nice work. Good to see its getting the tlc it needed. Im sure it appreciates it.

Thanks, and yes I am glad I could save this one. When I first saw it after driving 500 miles one way to get it I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, then I found out the diff was bad and I was ready to set it on fire, but now that I am driving it everyday and having some fun with it makes it all worth it.

Give ya $2035 for it??

Haha let me sleep on that.

Only thing about this car now is the trans is acting up a bit, it likes to pop out of first gear sometimes when I start to let the clutch out. And if I am feeling speedy and shift into 3rd or 5th in high RPMs it makes a very slight grind going into those gears. Nothing major, just not perfect, maybe the shift cables could use adjusting?

Sounds right to me.

Good to know, I need to do that asap!

Just when I thought I was done working on this thing I take it back to the tire place to have them put the sticky wheel weights on the inside of the rim like I specifically requested and check the alignment since the steering wheel was more crooked than when I took it in there. Hard to see in this pic but the moron put it on one of those flat lifts and smashed the sideskirts, REALLY!!? I took this pic and went and looked at it when they gave me the keys back, the side skirts were barely hanging on there, went straight to the manager and he said they will pull it back in and check it out and see if they are broken etc. I told him those guys arent touching my car again especially these skirts. He agreed that I will inspect them myself, attach them back on there and he will refund the $70 alignment. If they are broken in any way I am going to go in there with my rottweiler and german shepard and demand some shiz:shoot:

photo-92_zpsd0ceb3d3.jpg

I hate it when they dont care about the customers car. Ive had people jack some of my cars and Id start to cringe when the skirts began to flex. The guy would look at me and drop the car to jack from a different location.

I got pretty wild around some corners the other day and heard a really loud pop! Now I hear clunking from the rear, this could be why

Back