• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Road trip time!

FastFord

Hard-core CEG'er
I am headed down to Albuquerque NM at 2am with my trailer, and it wont be empty on the way back :laugh:

Edit: Pics added

CSVT3_zpsf7070211.jpg

CSVT2_zps004204e4.jpg

CSVT_zps54293691.jpg

This is for Sam, was on one of the parts that came with the car

CSVT1_zps37158a6a.jpg

Well I'm back, exhausted from driving all day long and just typed out a big description that got accidentally deleted. So I just added the pics for now.

Nice. Get a good deal on it? Whats you plans for it rebuilding it or parting it? Guess all that was in your paragraph that got deleted.

Ok im alive now. Bought the car from the original owner, 90k miles, new clutch water pump struts door speakers and some other things so he did take care of it pretty well. He said the axles are bad which is why he parked it, then went out of state or something for 5 months and came back to a tree branch on the hood and drivers fender. It came with two brand new axles, all 4 brand new strut mounts, extra set of side skirts and a total of all 8 JPCs plus some other things. Drivers window is broken, and the one wheel not on the car needs a tire. Needs a battery too but it does start up and run, trans feels like it shifts flawless, and I was really happy that I could drive it up onto the trailer all for 700 bucks. I rolled it off into the garage for now, needs a deep cleaning but with the garage being an ice box and the house needing to be finished soon I wont have much time for it until around march. The plan is to fix it up and retire my expensive truck from the daily driver.

Good idea getting the truck off DD duty. If there isn't fresh snow/salt on the roads then I am taking my contour even if the leather seats are cold as F'K! :laugh:

Sounds like too many projects going on at your house.....

Haha, love the parts from Sam - so it was a CEGrs car?

I am not sure if he was a CEGr or not, I do know he bought the side skirts from someone else local to him and thats whose name is on that label. Honestly I was in a rush to get back on the road so I didnt even really look at the car too much or talk to him much either. But yea I got it home last night pulled one of the side skirts out of the trunk and saw "SVT warehouse" on the label, I LOL'd

Nice buy! Whats the gouge in the plastic on your trucks bumper??? LMAO...j/k bud. Good call on not DD the truck anymore. I am doing the same here real soon....tired of this gas hog F150 of mine.

I will be getting my Tour out tonight too Joe!! Cant wait...the new exhaust sounds so badazz, was driving around last night.

Sounds like too many projects going on at your house.....

Tell me about it! I just rescued another dog too so I got my hands full for sure.

But yea the truck needs to be used only when I need it or when it snows. I bought it brand new about a year ago and have already put 30k miles on it, plus the front bumper, my temper busted the windshield, and the frantic new dog decided to jump in the bed from the side putting some nice scratches in it. I cant complain about averaging 18mpg in the thing, but tires and everything are too expensive to be using everyday. I wish I could have just finished the coug with the money, but daily driving that thing would be interesting...

When I picked it up the power steering fluid was very low and the pump was making that grinding noise so I just drove it up on the trailer and shut it off right away. Filled up all the fluids that needed it and fired it up this morning, let it run for awhile and drove it back and forth behind the garage, for sure needs axles.

Here are some more pics, the thing is filthy dirty right now.

CSVT6_zpsd4a3bc50.jpg

CSVT7_zps7a452e47.jpg

CSVT8_zps14d20671.jpg

CSVT9_zps3537b58d.jpg

CSVT10_zps36670e7b.jpg

CSVT11_zpsedab9d9c.jpg

CSVT5_zpsba14fcba.jpg

CSVT4_zps925ae537.jpg

So I just called to find out what build number this car is, gave them the last 6 digits of the VIN and he said they have no records for it.....

So I just called to find out what build number this car is, gave them the last 6 digits of the VIN and he said they have no records for it.....

Might have misread some or they might have entered it wrong. Either that or that is the best looking SVT clone I have ever seen.

Verified all my VINs ran the Carfax and called them back, had to get a little aggressive with him so he ran the whole VIN, she's #2358 of the 6535. Built 6/97

Back