• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Remoted the CSVT's oil filter

that would work better. I was using a FL-1A but because of the raised areas in the frame I couldn't but the filter moutn up higher and it contacted the fog lamp. The FL-300 just touches it so I will have to adjust because it is changing the aim of the fog lamp.

I also went with Earls products and everything went together very nicely and easily concidering my father and I have never made up lines like these. I used 45 degree fitting at the block and 90 degree fittings on the filter. We got info and watch videos on the internet, use plenty of oil and some antiseize to keep from galling the threads up and to make the hose easier to install into the swivle seal fittings.

Nice, I picked up all russel fittings and lines. Ill be swapping it to the other side at some point. I too went with 90's off the filter and 45's off the block, worked perfect!

Are you guys going to remove the foglight when changing oil? :shrug:

No.... Why would we?

So I dug this up to ask a few questions...

I've been looking at relocating my oil filter and the parts listed in this thread are totaling up to around $180... whats wrong with the $30.95 Summit Racing relocation kit?

Also I'd like to ditch that sandwich oil cooler and install a FMOC. I've got a B&M super cooler I'd like to use instead. Is this difficult to do? I haven't really looked over the coolant lines, but I'd have to imagine it would be pretty easy to just block off the end points or completely bypass.

I've been looking at relocating my oil filter and the parts listed in this thread are totaling up to around $180... whats wrong with the $30.95 Summit Racing relocation kit?

Also I'd like to ditch that sandwich oil cooler and install a FMOC. I've got a B&M super cooler I'd like to use instead. Is this difficult to do? I haven't really looked over the coolant lines, but I'd have to imagine it would be pretty easy to just block off the end points or completely bypass.

Which kit are you talking about on Summit for that cheap? I just did the Spectre kit to relocate my filter to the top AND bring an oil drain to the top and it was like $60 with shipping from Amazon.

The issue you're going to run into with ditching the stock oil cooler is what to do with the coolant hoses you leave behind. I guess a barbed fitting and two clamps would take care of it but why does it bother you in the first place if those hoses arent leaking?

The issue you're going to run into with ditching the stock oil cooler is what to do with the coolant hoses you leave behind. I guess a barbed fitting and two clamps would take care of it but why does it bother you in the first place if those hoses arent leaking?

install the hose that an se gets which would just go straight to the water pump.

when I added the svt oil cooler to my se all I did was cut that hose and attach to the cooler lines. the one cooler line has the molded hose to connect to the waterpump.

the one cooler line has the molded hose to connect to the waterpump.
That hose also works great if your deleting the SVT Oil cooler :)

I also cut up a piece of the straight tubing from the SVT Oil cooler lines to connect it like Non svt's are connected.

I've got to do this mod - without an oil cooler on my 3L with headers it is a complete :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: to get to the oil filter...

Which kit are you talking about on Summit for that cheap? I just did the Spectre kit to relocate my filter to the top AND bring an oil drain to the top and it was like $60 with shipping from Amazon.

It's the Summit oil relocation kit part number SUM-G4985, it's on sale right now for $30.95 + their $9.95 handling charge.

install the hose that an se gets which would just go straight to the water pump.

when I added the svt oil cooler to my se all I did was cut that hose and attach to the cooler lines. the one cooler line has the molded hose to connect to the waterpump.

So I finally made my way out to the garage to take a look at the line routing. It appears to me that the line feeding the oil cooler comes directly from the water pump and then the return runs to the heater core. Is this correct? If I replace this line I'd like to have it match my blue Samco hoses. Has anybody messed with this?

Eh I went ahead and just bought it... only cost me $15 anyway with their credit card deal. So I guess I'll see this thing in about a week or so and if it's a piece of crap... it only cost me $15, I've wasted more then that on other POS things.

It installed just fine for me. I figured out which adapters to use in the two pieces by using an oil filter I already had and then figured out which oil drain plug adapter to use by looking up our oil pan thread. Initially I only installed (6 months ago at my first oil change) I only installed the drain plug and adapter because the threads were partially stripped and I got too frustrated to be under the car any longer to do the remote filter part. So when 6 months rolled around and I hadnt hit 5000 miles yet I went ahead with the oil change and was pleasantly surprised to find that the oil pump worked like a champ and that I was able to route the remote hoses up and over by the coolant reservoir where the filter has plenty of room to sit.

I'll get around to it before too long. I still need to take a picture of my rx7 rims but I've been coming home so tired that I havent done anything all week.

That would be great if you could. I'd like to mount it on that side to make room for my future modifications on the driver side ;)

Bummer, Amazon.com status is now unavailable for this kit. Says maybe they will not get back in stock again.

Does this kit use the stock oil filter or a larger filter like the Ford Racing kit does?

Back