• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Readying SHM's for install

Uh-huh... changing your story already. But that's why I posted the clarification... better now than after the fact.

No story changing at all. I said it before i'll say it again. All it will show is a loss of power from the start and the only power the only power that will be made will be at the very top of the rpms and it won't do anything or nothing much of all.

Do you still think that headers alone with nothing, will give more power all around? EVen at top rpms how much power do you think you will gain over having a cat back?

No story changing at all. I said it before i'll say it again. All it will show is a loss of power from the start and the only power the only power that will be made will be at the very top of the rpms and it won't do anything or nothing much of all.

Do you still think that headers alone with nothing, will give more power all around? EVen at top rpms how much power do you think you will gain over having a cat back?
Maybe I don't know the whole arguement, but shouldn't headers and especially longtubes like this add to the whole curve, probably most in the midrange? :shrug:
They look nice :cool:.
-J

Maybe I don't know the whole arguement, but shouldn't headers and especially longtubes like this add to the whole curve, probably most in the midrange? :shrug:
-J
Go look into the section about N1 mufflers.

Do you still think that headers alone with nothing, will give more power all around?
We never actually clarified average power or peak power. Since you were so vehement about me being wrong, I was arguing peak power, (without specifying it), so that I knew I would be proven right. :laugh:

I'm thinking that the most peak power will come from open headers, while the most overall power will be had with the Y-pipe installed but nothing behind it. I expect torque gains across the board, even with just open headers. In fact, I think I'll be surprised to see any gains at all, anywhere, from re-installing my exhaust.

EVen at top rpms how much power do you think you will gain over having a cat back?
I will be surprised if there is LESS than a 4hp peak difference between having an exhaust and not... and I consider my exhaust to be very free-flowing.

Maybe I don't know the whole arguement, but shouldn't headers and especially longtubes like this add to the whole curve, probably most in the midrange?
That's my expectation.

Especially once installed. This was just a fitment test, but still. :drool:

Picture069-3.jpg

HOLY :censored::censored::censored::censored:! How do you get to that filter!!!!!???? :eek: damn - looks awesome under there though.

That 3L block sure looks nice and clean :)

How long ago did you go that route? 6-8 months ago?

We never actually clarified average power or peak power. Since you were so vehement about me being wrong, I was arguing peak power, (without specifying it), so that I knew I would be proven right. :laugh:

I'm thinking that the most peak power will come from open headers, while the most overall power will be had with the Y-pipe installed but nothing behind it. I expect torque gains across the board, even with just open headers. In fact, I think I'll be surprised to see any gains at all, anywhere, from re-installing my exhaust.

I will be surprised if there is LESS than a 4hp peak difference between having an exhaust and not... and I consider my exhaust to be very free-flowing.

Well we will have to see the final results. :)

I can tell you after having my headers just on my car and riving after 4 days, there is no way tq was the same as having my true duals on. Then again i lost to a festiva off the line :blackeye:

He will be using a stubby :laugh:
LOL... Actually, I think I'll be able to get it in/out by loosening the roll restrictors & rocking the engine. It DOES fit in place when the headers are installed... the problem is GETTING the filter there to install it.

How long ago did you go that route? 6-8 months ago?
Pretty much... I think I got it running in November or December of last year & started DDing it in January. I know, I know... I'm still a newb to driving a Contour. :cool:

I can tell you after having my headers just on my car and riving after 4 days, there is no way tq was the same as having my true duals on. Then again i lost to a festiva off the line :blackeye:
LOL... ouch! Maybe you just suck at driving. :laugh: Seriously though, remember that these are long tubes. On paper, my losses down low, if any, shouldn't be nearly as bad as they would be if I were putting on shorties.

LOL... ouch! Maybe you just suck at driving. :laugh: Seriously though, remember that these are long tubes. On paper, my losses down low, if any, shouldn't be nearly as bad as they would be if I were putting on shorties.

Like my putting the pedal down will make any difference to anyone else driving it :crazy:

LOL... Actually, I think I'll be able to get it in/out by loosening the roll restrictors & rocking the engine. It DOES fit in place when the headers are installed... the problem is GETTING the filter there to install it.

If I were you I would pick up a filter relocation kit... and then put up some amazing dyno numbers. :)

Back