• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT @ the 2010 GRM challenge?

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
Been kicking around the idea of building a car for a while now....and since BLKOUT2 and the track car will (better be) done by beginning of summer this year, I'm going to need another project, and since I'm saving for a new toy for my 25th birthday next year, i have a heck of a budget.

What will i be building??? A Festiva is the current plan..because, well in thrue PRT style, if I'm going to beat you, I want to make sure it's one of the most embarrassing losses of your life.

Build plans/ideas to follow, but lets hear some ideas, even if it's for another car/platform. Going to need some big help on this if i do go through with it.

Been kicking around the idea of building a car for a while now....and since BLKOUT2 and the track car will (better be) done by beginning of summer this year, I'm going to need another project, and since I'm saving for a new toy for my 25th birthday next year, i have a heck of a budget.

What will i be building??? A Festiva is the current plan..because, well in thrue PRT style, if I'm going to beat you, I want to make sure it's one of the most embarrassing losses of your life.

Build plans/ideas to follow, but lets hear some ideas, even if it's for another car/platform. Going to need some big help on this if i do go through with it.

Like a SHOgun? I say find a clean Yugo and toss a turbo 3L in it but make it rwd.

You need to find a factory turbo car so you can compete. i used to read grassroots when the challenge was $2001. Its amazing what people will say they found laying around for $50.

Here are my thoughts
Fastiva-finding a good donor motor trans will be a beeotch. Can easily obtain 200whp without a different turbo or internals.
Honda-civic hatchback with an H22 swap. CRX with B16/B18 swap.
Dodge turbo cars- find one of those old hideous 80's turbo daytonas. I know that those motors are stought and can really be tweaked.

I dunno regardless its tough competition.

It used to have a CBR600 motor in it. That guy bought it and put a 900 motor in it and lowered it in the chassis more. he also reinforced the chain drive. Its cheap and effective. Only suspension mods where swift GT struts and cut springs. You can upgrade to swift GT or vented rotors very cheaply on the geos. Find a high milegae southern car, gut it(not much there too begin with)and then find a dumped sport bike. Think about 12K shift points? The best thing about it is that its sooooooooo wrong. No geo should ever be allowed to go that fast. Or do it too a Festiva? Either or will suffice.

Back