• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT PCV oil separator *interest check*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some good news and some bad news guys....

The good: The single filter kit fits OK, and requires only minor modification to the bracket design to work. I'll be making the changes and re-test fitting tonight.

The bad: The dual filter kit does not fit, there are several clearance issues involving the space required to mount the dual system. :help:

if you are thinking that the dual setup isn't going to work I don't have a problem with getting two of the single systems

if you are thinking that the dual setup isn't going to work I don't have a problem with getting two of the single systems

It's not that it's not going to work, it's not going to fit. I'll post the pictures tonight of the test fit. The single bracket is modified and i now have the design down to start producing the single filter kits.

this seems like a stupid question but....will this work with the 3.0 seeing as your using the uim from the 2.5? im guessin yes. also this wont get in the way of piping for a turbo right?

It's not that it's not going to work, it's not going to fit. I'll post the pictures tonight of the test fit. The single bracket is modified and i now have the design down to start producing the single filter kits.

ok I got ya, I think that I will change my request for one for the dual system to the single so I will need to single ones total then

this seems like a stupid question but....will this work with the 3.0 seeing as your using the uim from the 2.5? im guessin yes. also this wont get in the way of piping for a turbo right?

It will bolt up to a 3L with SVT intakes, as for the turbo piping, I have to imagine it'll be fine because of location, but my test car isn't turbo so i can't say for sure.

...you'll post pictures then of the single filter installed so we can compare for turbo fitment?

I'll post pics of the single filter kit installed so everyone can see how it looks/fits installed. If you want to use my pictures to see if it would fit on a turbo car, by all means go for it, but I'm not making any promises.

First post updated with pictures showing finished mock-up single kit installed.

Pictures also showing the dual kit installed and explaining the clearance issue.

Just a thought for the dual system, what if you use the original bracket for the single setup and then mount the second separator somewhere else.....

I'll be out in the garage working on the SVT today... I'll see if I can figure out a location for the second separator. I wasn't planning to be under the hood, but that's the best place to be working anyways :D

I could hang the second filter under the accordion tube, i just have to figure out mounting. Don't worry, i'm looking at other options.

Interested: Single filter system for PCV, approx price $35

1)brapple x2
2)LUCA x 4
3)OB1 x 2
4)99redSVT
5)SVTJON87
6)Yawak
7)Brent372
8)CJE1985
9)Linkman x Two (2)
10)Blkdvll
11)wa2tuff
12)99Mystique ATX
13)michcougar
14)xtascox

Interested: Dual filter system for PCV and VC vents, approx price $70

1)SoopaCooga (must fit 3L)
2)99cougar
3)Schattastic SVT
4)SVT_fomoco

Interested: Single filter system for PCV, approx price $35

1)brapple x2
2)LUCA x 4
3)OB1 x 2
4)99redSVT
5)SVTJON87
6)Yawak
7)Brent372
8)CJE1985
9)Linkman x Two (2)
10)Blkdvll
11)wa2tuff
12)99Mystique ATX
13)michcougar
14)xtascox

Interested: Dual filter system for PCV and VC vents, approx price $70

1)SoopaCooga (must fit 3L)
2)99cougar
3)Schattastic SVT
4)SVT_fomoco
5)Trhlz1222 (must fit 3L)

I will be opening up an official GB on the single filter kits on Monday and building the kits all next week. :cool: I'm hoping to have 15 kits ready to ship the 10th of Dec.

~Josh

It's more of a new product offering, not an actual GB per say. I'll be producing them for as long as people want them. We don't really have a "vendor" forum for me to display my products in so GB is where it fits best. You can always get one later. :)

It's more of a new product offering, not an actual GB per say. I'll be producing them for as long as people want them. We don't really have a "vendor" forum for me to display my products in so GB is where it fits best. You can always get one later. :)

Thats great I'll definately pick one up later but now I've got bigger problems :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back