• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT PCV oil separator *interest check*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
Some of you may remember a long while ago i had asked for PVC oil separator kit testers. Well, it's been quite a while and they seem to be working just fine after personally inspecting one of them last week, so it's time to start checking interest.

Provided in the kit will be:

Separator with proper fitting already installed, modified for bracket install
Required tubing
Mounting bracket specific to contour

For those that are unaware, the purpose of this kit is to remove the oil from the PCV air to aid in keeping the intake tract clean of the crap we all clean out eventually during an intake rebuild, or to keep it clean afterwards.

The bracket is in development and pictures will be posted once it's completed.

The price range I'm looking at is anywhere from $30-$50 depending on final bulk order materials costs. This is essentially the same kit that other distributors sell for $70, BUT my kit has superior fittings and tubing. :cool:

These kits are awaiting test-fitting:

Dual system for Both valve covers and the PVC-

100_4337.jpg

100_4338.jpg

Single system for just the PCV-

100_4340.jpg

100_4341.jpg

Installed with modified bracket-

msc074.jpg

msc076.jpg

msc078.jpg

Issue with the dual system-

The filters and bracket straddle the coolant line nicely, but interfere with the downward slope of the accordion tube when installed.

msc067.jpg

msc069.jpg

Last edited:
Is this universal for the 2.0 and 2.5 or...?

seeing as how dirty the UIM and LIM gets... sounds like a good idea.

Do you have pictures of what it would look like and where it gets installed (since you said you already made some of these before)?

well if these get going fast then i may just grab one of yours. i need one soon. otherwise I'm heading to home depot.

The kit will be for the 2.5. I'd have to get my hands on a Zetec to make a bracket for them as well. The separator will be mounted below the TB bracket, keeping it hidden from view(no-one wants a separator full of oil staring them in the face when they pop their hoods. I do not have mounted pictures yet as I'm developing the bracket now, i just tested the separator to be sure it would withstand the environment. My testers installed them without brackets.

Oil separators definitely help retain blow by oil. Blow by oil promotes detonation which we all know is bad. To get maximum protection, I would recommend everyone get 2. Specifically the ones with very high mileage. One for the PCV side and the other for the valve cover hoses that connect to your intake.

To get maximum protection, I would recommend everyone get 2. Specifically the ones with very high mileage. One for the PCV side and the other for the valve cover hoses that connect to your intake.

This kit will be designed for ONLY the line that goes into the UIM from the PCV valve, the valve cover vents are not able to be plumbed in with the supplied hardware.

Just so everyone is aware.

well if these get going fast then i may just grab one of yours. i need one soon. otherwise I'm heading to home depot.

thats kinda what I am thinking...

I may be doing a head gasket job soon on my SVT so I figured I would be cleaning the UIM and LIM and figured I should look into a catch can to help prevent the build up then I saw this. So...

I would like to see pictures first though, any idea of when the prototype bracket will be finished so you can post pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back