• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre98-Hood

Pre98-Hood

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just now took the time to read through the entire thread and saw this was open to Post 98's as well.

I would really suggest starting a new thread with a different name.

I personally like the side vent idea more then anything else. Not to dramatic, but adds style. Although I think that a hood should be offered that would actually serve a purpose, such as a scoop over the actually intake area of the car.

I'll PS something in the morning

Two cossie style vents!! driver's side one would be functional for induction, and the pass. side for letting out heat. and they flow the best with the contours body/hood lines.

What ever happen to just a normal 2 1/2 inch cowl hood i would like to see maybe something worked out for that and i would go for it.

anyone have anymore photoshops. i would like to see all the possibilitys espicilly the twin NACA (cossie) ducts

What ever happen to just a normal 2 1/2 inch cowl hood i would like to see maybe something worked out for that and i would go for it.

I agree. Im thinking something similar to the Mustang and Camaro cowl hoods, but rounded to match the lines of the car.

I will not buy a hood design that sticks out a lot or looks very radical.

I should be able to do something tommorrow, I had to study for exams so I'm sorry about the delayed PS.

I can make the scoops, but put a picture up of the exact one you would like to see and the name of it. I'll see what I can do about the cowl, but which one do you want to see? The one found on some of the tours here or a true cowl, which features a raised hood and only has an opening in the back. Also pics would be helpful.

Thanks,
-KJ

for the scoops i was thinking the something like the one on the evo picture that i posted near the begining of this thread

I should be able to do something tommorrow, I had to study for exams so I'm sorry about the delayed PS.

I can make the scoops, but put a picture up of the exact one you would like to see and the name of it. I'll see what I can do about the cowl, but which one do you want to see? The one found on some of the tours here or a true cowl, which features a raised hood and only has an opening in the back. Also pics would be helpful.

Thanks,
-KJ
Kerry I thank you for all your support on the diffrent style hoods you have shown us. I will wait until you put together this final hood then I'm going to try to put together some type of poll so that we all can choose a hood and move forward.

These are the Cossie vents I've been raving about..

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

I am a big fan of the Cosworth vents as well, but I think there are few of us who support them on our hoods. I would definitely consider them if they were molded into the C.F. Hood, and were functional. You and I may be the only two though...lol.

I think we should get the Cosworth RS style louvers, which can be seen HERE

Heres a photoshop of them on my car...

cosworthpshv5.jpg

cosworthps2jy7.jpg

Ideally you would want the one to fall just above the air intake, but I messed that up when I did the PS images. However they give you the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back