• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre98-Hood

Pre98-Hood

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on how long it will take to get them produced, and what style, I am too.

Okay Guy's this started off fast but has slowed down we need to start working on the style hood we all agree on here are my two choices. We also need to agree on what the hood will be made of fiberglass carbon fiber. Let me know if you agree with either one of these style hoods

http://www.psgbodystyling.co.uk/images/vauxhall/vauxhall_astra_g_coupe_lumma_lpc_xr_wide_f.jpg
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/james.greenfield/Evo6nearside.JPG

i personally think the evo style would look better, with or without the NACA duct. but i never have been a big fan of the reverse cowl. it would be really cool if they could make the NACA duct flow into pudmunkies heatsheild. lots of cool air then.

as for material im thinking fiberglass would be better. its paintable, cheaper to make and carbon fibre only looks good on some colors.

how much are we looking at for one. obviously not an excat number as we havnt decided on the style yet but a rough estimate would be nice. (gotta know how much i need to start saving:laugh:)

Definately the first one. The evo one is nice, but I think its a bit much.

A estimate on price would be nice.

Pre98/Post98 Hoods

Pre98/Post98 Hoods

I wanted to change the title of the GB to let the Post 98 folks know. Post 98 folks if your interested here is the info.

Okay everyone LOUDSHO92 will be making the hood and he wrote this:

They would be made out of Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass.

Anything can be done but it is easy when its a OEM style vent like the EVO, it will involve a hood getting destroyed though.

If you want a cowl like we have on the SHo we can do that as well. The more molding and work that has to be done the more the hoods will cost and take longer. It will also affect the output of the final hood.

So basically keep it simple.

The hoods wil cost around what we are charging right now. We can also do 99+ at the same time if some one want to dontate as well.

Lets start thinking of the type of hood we want check out his site http://www.shobrosgarage.com/index.php?cPath=158_162
We need at least 10 people to make this happen. He will also do the same hood for post 98 if someone donates a hood so lets get the word out to the post 98 folks as well.

the biggest problem i have with the reverse cowl is hood clearance for aftermarket intakes. most of us zetec guys the intake elbow hits the hood and you have to be careful how you close it. now if it could be raised a little in the back to clear that and flow with the factory curves of the hood then maybe.

i just had a thought. what about removing the evo vent and having two NACA ducts. one on each side. just a thought.

I like striker's idea of a bit more clearance near the cowl area. I think reverse scoops look dumb. Personaly two functional Cosworth style vents gets my vote.

somebody needs to photoshop these hoods onto a car.

1: the reverse cowl
2: the evo style with no duct
3: the evo style with one duct on either side of the vent
4: just two NACA ducts one on each side of the hood

i dont have any pictures in the right angle to offer though.

I know some mentioned this before, and I am putting two threads together.

Is it possible for the hoods to fit the Mystique, the grills and headlight assemblies are different.

Also, if the hoods do fit, can we get the carbon fiber colored. Blue or gold is what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Ok, I couldn't get another angle of the evo cowl so I had to work with what I got. The other hood should be a bit easier but I'm about to have dinner. Next I'll make the indention hood (the one I like) and the vent on each side. I'll fix this one up a bit later.

Contourevohoodcopy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back