• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre98-Hood

Pre98-Hood

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to be a pita, but the other question I asked wasnt answered.

Will these fit Mystiques?

Thanks

no i dont think so. the two hoods are different. if a stock contour hood wont fit on a mystique then the aftermarket one surely wont. thats not too say if you get enough mystique guys you cant get your own version made though.

What type of hood is on the Vauxhall? I figure its a cowl of some type, but what type of cowl?

Once I get a bigger pic of that, I can photoshop it.

What type of hood is on the Vauxhall? I figure its a cowl of some type, but what type of cowl?

Once I get a bigger pic of that, I can photoshop it.

Nice Kerry. If we could get a few more PS maybe we could finally figure out what type of hood we all like.

OK this is the last one of the night. The "cowl" on the vauxhall is actually a vent. Once you look up vented hood(or bonnet, mind you) several matches appear.

Heres one with a vented bonnet.
ventedhoodcopy.jpg

I still couldn't get it right, but its just a reference. I'll take care of the scoops tommorrow.

OK this is the last one of the night. The "cowl" on the vauxhall is actually a vent. Once you look up vented hood(or bonnet, mind you) several matches appear.

Heres one with a vented bonnet.
ventedhoodcopy.jpg

I still couldn't get it right, but its just a reference. I'll take care of the scoops tommorrow.

Kerry, can you widen the cowl and vent closer to the edge of the secondary hood lines. I think this would be the best all around vented hood. However, I think the lines of the cowl would need to be almost nil, meaning that only the reverse vent should be visible ( no ridges for the cowl ). does that make sense to any one. More blending, less protrusion lines. I don't know if any on e understands what I'm talking about. I'm craaaazy!

I get what you mean. I actually saw the vented hood today and have a better idea of how to blend it. I'll take care of it.

Ok I didn't get to the scoops, but I did fix up the vent. I forgot to invert the colors on the previous one and made it cover the entire hood. You like?

ventedhood2copy.jpg

i think that looks ugly. if you could redo the evo hood in the same style (so the lines go with the secondary lines of the hood) and do the vents then put all three pictures up along with the stock picture then we could see what they look like against it.

Hey guys, sorry about the delay but I tried the evo hood again with a different picture, but I still can't get it to blend correctly.

Here it is anyway:
evohood2copy.jpg

I think that this looks cleaner and doesn't represent rice! Good job. You got what I meant exactly.

I like it too, but would like to voice a concern. The cutout for the hood vent is aweful close to the latch area- wouldn't this make four unfriendly stress points relatively close to each other- and by the latch? Simply thinking ahead about things, particularly Buckshot's unfortunate occurance.

I'd say place the cutout a wee bit higher up the hood and elevate the overall center just an inch or two from stock and it's a winner. The Evo hood is a great idea, but the angles kill it guys- Contour is a jellbyean car. It'd look too out of place I think.

Last edited:
When the hood is molded they will do their best to make sure it is structurally sound. The cowl shouldnt go over the motor as it wil cause electrical problems.

Another option would be a standard cowl hood like the SHO. it can be molded to flow wi the lines. We do offer one for the Gen3 "Jellybean" SHO and it flows very well with it.

When the hood is molded they will do their best to make sure it is structurally sound. The cowl shouldnt go over the motor as it wil cause electrical problems.

Another option would be a standard cowl hood like the SHO. it can be molded to flow wi the lines. We do offer one for the Gen3 "Jellybean" SHO and it flows very well with it.

cowl again FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back