• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Polk County mini meet anyone ?

Pblack003

Veteran CEG'er
just looking at some peoples post, i know there are a few guys close to lakeland in the greater Polk county area, anyone wanna get a mini meet together maybe barbeque or something. If there is a few guys interested let me know.

Im down, I could get some things to do if anyone has some suggestions on things they want to do. We could do some shooting at my range if anyone wants. I have an AR rifle and 9mm. What dates would this happen?

Sounds like this was a fun meet!

untitled1-1.jpg

Is turning right on red not allowed? I cant really tell from the picture but was one of the signals solely for the turning lane? If there was a signal for it i can see that if not screw that ish!
I was more talking about the comment about firing the shotgun and running a redlight in the same sentence making it seem like you guys were doing drive by's or something, but i have a weird sense of humor.

lol i remember that... do you still have the video Tyler? it was sooo funny... he stopped waaaay more than I did and I didnt get a ticket... damn I miss that car. black 98.5 port matched 3L under 100k.... :(

of course I still have that video! I think the last meet where firearms were involved was at Goumbas house. That meet was pretty crazy.

Well I can host it at my place.. I have enough room for lots of cars, and a is enough place for everyone. I'm in south Lakeland off of county line road. .. Super easy from I4 to get to. anyone hade a date, I heard one guy say after august 6th, so maybe the 13th and ot the 14th, I leave for Texas on the 19th so after then i will be out of town for a week. Anyone have any issues with those dates? Also do not make a right hand turn in Polk county without coming to a complete stop behind the line, or u will get a ticket, either your first one will be 150 and if it's your second, it's 250.. No points, it's just a photo enforcement code violation.

I guess I'll start a list,

1, pbalck003 (possibly hosting)

of course I still have that video! I think the last meet where firearms were involved was at Goumbas house. That meet was pretty crazy.

The silver CSVT slowed to a cali stop but the black CSVT never slowed down after the silver CSVT took off, the reason for the ticket. I've gotta one in Lakeland as well.

I was in the black svt and tyler was in the silver svt... tyler got the ticket and i didnt...

I know all about traffic laws...trust me. They actually just passed new case law on the right hand turn complete stop. Too late for me.

Back