• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pet Peeves.

How about people who just drive slow? They are annoying.

I've noticed that people in the Harrisburg area are horrible at driving, especially in rain and snow. Its pathetic.

I've lived in this state for about 12 years and I'm still get irritated with how people drive in general around central PA...coming from Michigan, things were much different :cool:

Its strange cause I'm from northeast PA and its not nearly as bad. I mean there are some stupid drivers, but thats not the majority but in harrisburg it is.

Penndot is a pet peeve of mine. Cant clear the roads properly, cant pave the roads properly or in a reasonable amount of time, going to the dmv sucks and well there is much more.

trunk drivers in PA piss me off, they insist on blocking the highway for miles before entering a construction zone and even stopping 1/4 miles from the vehicles in front of them.

I think it all started happeneing when the state put those signs up that say use both lanes til the merge because PA driving would line up at the first sign which could be miles from the lane closure. only in PA have I seen truck drivers be such assholes.

trunk drivers in PA piss me off, they insist on blocking the highway for miles before entering a construction zone and even stopping 1/4 miles from the vehicles in front of them.

I think it all started happening when the state put those signs up that say use both lanes till the merge because PA driving would line up at the first sign which could be miles from the lane closure. only in PA have I seen truck drivers be such assholes.

those signs are ghey. I've been in other state where everyone moves over when they start seeing signs and its a breeze to get through the construction area.

i've blocked two lanes already because the quicker you get over the faster we all get out. because people from pa are going to be angry driving anyhow so when u have to merge they think the merging lane has the right away.

i also get pissed at people driving slow in dusting of snow or rain. I've done highway speeds in a couple of inches because i believe i know how to drive.

another pet peeve is how much beer costs now a days.

i've blocked two lanes already because the quicker you get over the faster we all get out. because people from pa are going to be angry driving anyhow so when u have to merge they think the merging lane has the right away.

i also get pissed at people driving slow in dusting of snow or rain. I've done highway speeds in a couple of inches because i believe i know how to drive.

no that is every state that people in the lane that has to merge thinks they have the right of way.

I have done that also. with snow tires I drove normal highway speed in a snow covered lane while everyone else lined up to be in the tracks and did 40~45 ....

:censored::censored::censored::censored: that incessantly beeps!

our answering machine for example. beeps when there's new messages. just loud enough that i can hear it upstairs, in my room, OVER the television. So i focus on that beeping noise and am unable to concentrate on what i'm watching. until my blood boils and i have to walk all the way downstairs and push a button on the machine. there's no other way to stop it. as if the giant red flashing light wouldn't sufficiently alert me to a new message, no, it has to beep!!! :mad:

cars that beep/bleep/bong at you for not having your seatbelt on. GAH!!! my work truck does this. most annoying feature in the world. like i don't know i don't have the damn seatbelt on! it happens within seconds of the car moving too...so even if you're like moving the car to a new parking spot you have to listen to it. probably the most annoying feature on a car ever. i'm thinking about unplugging the seatbelt sensor...but then i think i'd disable the airbag too.

the credit card machine at the shop. has an external keypad for people who want to use debit/bank cards (even though there's a keypad on the machine itself, and, they just swipe like regular credit cards anyway). anyway, it's broken so at random times during the day the damn thing starts beeping about the keypad not responding. i'm gonna throw the whole machine in the street one day.

Funny our Windstar has an alarm if the turn signal is on for too long .First time it went off I was like what the :censored::censored::censored::censored:

Funny our Windstar has an alarm if the turn signal is on for too long .First time it went off I was like what the :censored::censored::censored::censored:
More cars should have those. I don't understand how someone can leave their turn signal on. Thats a pet peeve of mine. Actually stupid people in general are a pet peeve of mine.

lottery players!

nothing like walking into a deli to buy a snapple or something and have to stand there for a half hour while some biddy plays 632 combinations of the same number - and then can't decide which scratch offs they want to buy with the couple of dollars they won off of other scratch offs! :mad:

they should have stores that only sell lottery tickets so all these nudnicks can stand around all day and waste each others time!

lottery players!

nothing like walking into a deli to buy a snapple or something and have to stand there for a half hour while some biddy plays 632 combinations of the same number - and then can't decide which scratch offs they want to buy with the couple of dollars they won off of other scratch offs! :mad:

they should have stores that only sell lottery tickets so all these nudnicks can stand around all day and waste each others time!
^That post struck me very funny. Well-written:cool:

I hate backing up in my car. Trunk line is way the hell up in the upper parts of the atmosphere, and 15% tint at night FTL

only in PA have I seen truck drivers be such assholes.

That's because the car and suv drivers are usually complete :censored::censored::censored::censored:tards and harass the truck drivers by cutting them off and blocking them in. They're just driving the way they've adapted to the asshole drivers in the area.

i hate when people trade in a 2000+ vehicle for a 2003 cuz the old one had too many miles and the newer one has close to the same and they're spending 18K more on the new one that makes only 20 more hp and think they are the :censored::censored::censored::censored: cuz they can beat a Zetec, but only cuz they have a turbo but then say if i beat them with nitrous, its not a fair race.

Back