• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oh the weather...

I was disappointed today, I didn't see any cars in the ditch, but I was excited to see the 98 SVT Contour that I did a deck, ipod, and sat radio in this morning on the way to work :)

because of all the ice last week. 12/18 was glare ice for 4 days and is still spotted with ice patches. I'm personally loving the snow screen following plow trucks trying to clean up the drifts.

I swear the people on the roads are getting to be worse drivers with every storm...
WERD! I came over a hill on the way to Amandas this last weekend and there was a huge Chevy van coming the other way driving down the MIDDLE of the road, when the road was plowed decent in both lanes. :nonono: I thought the SE was done for...I don't know how I missed it and didn't put it in the ditch at the same time.

I wish we were as lucky as you are. Its been snowing since sometime this morning and think weve got like 8" so far. AND its not to supposed to stop until tues :mad:

obviously.. it wasnt true.. they lied to us!...
Temps stayed up when they were supposed to drop. We got a ton of rain around here. Roads were flooded left and right. Had to go down to train club this morning, had some water coming in the back door :blackeye:

our snowblower broke on Friday so its good that we didnt get as much snow as expected but holy hell did we get ice!

replacement parts for the snow blower arrive on Thursday... it better hold out until then

so did you guys break the record? i think we're on pace for the least amount of snow on record here...hell,i have the heat off and the few of the window's open in my house, this is in upstate/central new york today

so did you guys break the record? i think we're on pace for the least amount of snow on record here...hell,i have the heat off and the few of the window's open in my house, this is in upstate/central new york today

Yup we did, record was like 76.1" I think...
http://www.channel3000.com/weather/15270625/detail.html

I've been hearing that they project that by the end of the winter we'll rack up 100", I think right now were at like 80 something..... Not a totally impossible feat at this rate....

And HTF do you do this.... in these conditions... I could understand if you moved from mexico and have never seen snow and don't understand how it works... but honestly.... this crap makes me wonder if I really want to drive some days...
http://www.channel3000.com/news/15330225/detail.html

And HTF do you do this.... in these conditions... I could understand if you moved from mexico and have never seen snow and don't understand how it works... but honestly.... this crap makes me wonder if I really want to drive some days...
http://www.channel3000.com/news/15330225/detail.html

It's called a 24 year old hill billie in a 4wd thinking he's invincible. :censored::censored::censored::censored:er lost control and waalaa he'd dead. Look at the bright side he didn't take anyone else with him! The roads have been absolutely horrible now for weeks. 12/18 between fort and cambridge is glare ice with no sign of salt or sand. Fort and Milton was one big slush puddle sunday. I can't wait for the first 40+ degree week so this white :censored::censored::censored::censored: melts away!

Last edited:
Back