• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oh crap! I'm still on my summer tires!

well Pete I'm sure they are better than my tires which I basicly bald and completly useless in the snow.... I'd take decent tread over this any day.... so are you getting winter tires? how do your tirerack rated summer tires work in the winter? ready for the snow storm?

I've still got my crap-o summer 'performance' tires on that came with the car. Even with only like an inch of snow my wheels just spin.

lol have fun tomorrows gonna be a bish! I got some continentel(sp?) contact extreme tires, the have the best of both worlds!

tried that once with continental summer tires.. ended up sliding through a stop sign and straight up into someones driveway.

good thing the car coming the other way was able to stop.. turned around and gave up driving for the day :laugh:

tried that once with continental summer tires.. ended up sliding through a stop sign and straight up into someones driveway.

good thing the car coming the other way was able to stop.. turned around and gave up driving for the day :laugh:

I did that the first good snow fall this year. Had ice also. I was pissed :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing car would not turn. Oh well no damage

Good luck Pete. Tried to drive in snow with my stock Bridgestone summer tires when I first got the car....barely got into my driveway and in the process almost into the house!:help:

I give props to the Countour in the snow - I think I like it better than the VWs of the past. Going on the 4th season of my Dunlop Wintersports - they are getting worn but still did well this morning. Not having all of the silly traction and anti-slip features the VWs had was actually nice.

Plus it is a real plus that the tire sizes matched between the Contour and GTI. I got lucky there and didn't have to buy new winter tires.

lol have fun tomorrows gonna be a bish! I got some continentel(sp?) contact extreme tires, the have the best of both worlds!

Those are sweet all seasons! Im on my third set, they were great in the snow. Everytime I get into my civic in this weather I just want to take the CSVT out. The contour is WAY better in the snow then honda.

My summer tires would slide when stopping even when its cold out and the roads are pretty much dry.

I'm going to work from home this morning. I purchased some all season tires, but they aren't in yet... :blackeye:

I was thinking about the Continental Conti-extremes, but I'm trying to save mony...I went with the Kuhmo Escta ASX's.

For this storm...my car is in the garage and staying there... :eek:

Those are sweet all seasons! Im on my third set, they were great in the snow. Everytime I get into my civic in this weather I just want to take the CSVT out. The contour is WAY better in the snow then honda.

My summer tires would slide when stopping even when its cold out and the roads are pretty much dry.

I know there sweet, I use them for autocross as well and they do great, I have already been driving through some pretty craptastic weather and they handle great!

ahhh nothing like blizzaks+Torsen+FWD+MTX-75=WIN!

I couldn't have had a more enjoyable drive to work, so predictable and nice and 3rd gear starts = nearly no wheel-spin. this is my 4th season with Blizzaks and i am and always will be a supporter!

Pete, when are your tires supposed to be in? I'm not looking forward to playing with your wheels but its definetely better than RunFlat Corvette tires...:(

:)

This shiz is awful... plus another 4-6" on Sunday. Good lord, and to think I could have been in my sandals walking around town, but alas.... I had to come to Michigan. :nonono:

Back