• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official t-green svt thread

A couple recent ones
IMG_3798.sized.jpg

IMG_3793.sized.jpg

Some better stuff to follow in the spring time, once a few more items are installed on the car . . .

00TourSVT I just got a rattle can matched up from a local paint supply and did it myself. I used duplicolor filler primer because I had some deep sratches, sprayed on the green, and topped it with a couple layers of clear. All were rattle cans, and yes its all about the prep. I sanded before the prep, and then wet sanded and buffed it out. You cant even tell it was scratched. I'll post up some more pics when the weather gets nicer.
-tropictour

00TourSVT I just got a rattle can matched up from a local paint supply and did it myself. I used duplicolor filler primer because I had some deep sratches, sprayed on the green, and topped it with a couple layers of clear. All were rattle cans, and yes its all about the prep. I sanded before the prep, and then wet sanded and buffed it out. You cant even tell it was scratched. I'll post up some more pics when the weather gets nicer.
-tropictour

thanks, you did a good job. i would like to see some close ups of the section done.

000_0211.jpg

000_0208.jpg

Mine,I need some better pictures but the car is covered in dust setting in garage right now till I can get it worked on and legal again.

Yeah, I see it, It really should not have been hiding the in back.:rolleyes:

hrsepwrdrms: Very nice car! Congrats on the purchase.

Yeah, I just parked it where I was instructed to. It was nice though at the show and shine at SZ09 we had all four colors lined up together.

Damn! Two owners and still that low. NICE find! Mine was one owner and was at 48K, can't complain, I've only put 22k on it in 3 yrs. 7k/year of life isn't bad.

Back