• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Spotted Thread

Monday 12/8/08 at approx 5:15pm I spotted a T-Green CSVT (w/stock spoiler) on RT175 at Fenn Road in Newington. Male in his 20's with brown hair and a goatee (my eyesight sucks but this is what I remember). He was going towards CCSU (Central CT State U) and I was turning right onto Fenn Rd. I beeped twice but he did not seem to notice.

It's funny -- For several years I never spotted any SVT's and now I seem to spot one every few weeks!

Thursday- Spotted green SVT in RI on atwood ave in johnston near town fair tire. I was driving the blue honda element.

Monday 12/8/08 at approx 5:15pm I spotted a T-Green CSVT (w/stock spoiler) on RT175 at Fenn Road in Newington. Male in his 20's with brown hair and a goatee (my eyesight sucks but this is what I remember). He was going towards CCSU (Central CT State U) and I was turning right onto Fenn Rd. I beeped twice but he did not seem to notice.

It's funny -- For several years I never spotted any SVT's and now I seem to spot one every few weeks!

Yeah there's two t-greens in new britain (what luck:eek:) I've talked to both owners. One of them was actually totalled a few years ago. But the owner loved the car so much he spent 9,000 dollars to have it repaired. True SVT owner if you ask me.

Yeah there's two t-greens in new britain (what luck:eek:) I've talked to both owners. One of them was actually totalled a few years ago. But the owner loved the car so much he spent 9,000 dollars to have it repaired. True SVT owner if you ask me.

Good story right there. Did you pimp out CEG at all?

Yeah I did. One said he was actually on and the other didn't seem interested.:blackeye:

Good man. Ya, there's a teacher at my school with a slightly modded LX 2.5, and I try to get him to join all the time since this is his #1 source for info, but he's "not much of a forum kinda guy":shrug:

Yeah my buddy Ryan with a mystique is the same way. He has msds headers, y-pipe, magnaflow exhaust, wheels, coilovers, and a razzi kit but I can't for the life of me get him to join the forums.

I think they get the idea that it's some type of blog, and they'll start drinking lattes and performing free-form poetry if they join.:shrug:

Or maybe the have other things in life to do besides spending countless hours in front of a computer. :shrug:

Last edited:
Was pulling out of my side street today in Stoneham and a red SVT punched it from behind another car to pass. I was rolling out ready to merge too.

You gave a wave so I'm guessing Elky since he recognized the car (crown vic). But I'm not aware of a winterized SVT.

nope, not me.
i don't own a red SVT, only black and silver
he must have been waving because he realized he kind of cut you off.

funny part is, i am always looking down your street when i drive by to see if i can catch a glimpse of the vic

This again was me...however, must correct the cut off thing. I was travelling South down Main Street coming from my wife's infertility doctors office. I was in the left lane because her doctors office is located in the same plaza as the 99, I had to goto Blockbuster Video after to drop off a video. Richardson Lane is not a merge, it is a Stop Sign. I had to get from the left lane to the right to take the turn into Blockbuster. IS this not the same as going from the passing lane on route 1 to the right lane because you need to take a right into a store? I did not punch it, I shifted down from 4th to 3rd so that I could pass the people taking lefts into Dunkin Donuts that were at a stop in the left lane considering I was going straight. I believe you can also take a left from Richardson to Main Street. I did not notice a blinker indicating which way he was going. He couldve been going left (in any event, there was a stop sign), I didn't know. I do know that I had the right of way considering I was travelling down Main Street and not trying to come onto it from a stop sign. I did wave as I figured you would've recognized the red CSVT and the previous convos we have had here, and the fact that we know many, many, of the same people in town and both associate with them on Facebook everyday. I do drive my car in the winter as it is my daily driver which I have no problems with the Eagle RSA's on there in winter traction commuting from Stoneham to Andover everyday (even with a Superchips and a Pro-M Air Meter). In fact, it outperforms my wife's Taurus SE in the Winter even with Traction TA's on her car.

Holy defensive post! :lol:

I was only saying I was about to merge onto Main St. when you popped out from behind another car last second. I'm sure you would've stopped in time had I did.

I didn't make the connection to it being yours. I see more that are "just a car" instead of an enthusiast.

Sorry, I did see you and didn't want to give you the impression that I was purposely "cutting you off". That wasn't the intent as that area can get quite hairy sometimes (Saturdays in the mornings with D&D and Stoneham Ford). I know that there have been a couple of deaths due to the island being right in front of Richardson Lane. I am very wary every time I drive down that area as I've seen way too many State Police Reconstruction teams there in recent months and years. I just haven't been in the best of moods considering where I was coming from that day. I kinda knew you would pop on here and list the officially spotted from yesterday, I just didn't think it was going to be construed as "kinda cutting you off". I get really offensive when people tell me that I did something wrong as I have been at Step 35, went to drivers retraining twice (for racing on the streets), and have maintained a perfect record and perfect behavior on the roads (knock on wood) since 1999. The majority of the SPD can vouch for that as I physically drove them nuts from 1994 - 1995 with my Conquest TSi and ripping donuts all over town back then. Have learned the hard way not to screw around on public ways.

Saw a red CSVT turning onto Henry Burke highway in Nashua. You cut the corner hard and I was going fast it looked like we were gonna hit but I didn't fear, I trust anyone's driving skill behind an SVT until they prove otherwise.

Surprisingly, that one was not me, but I do know of one other red SVT in the Merrimack area (there was one for sale on craigslist a while ago).
Keep an eye out for my red SVT on the turnpike. ;)

saw that burnt orange svt around the corner from my house tonight. it was on E0s and looks to have different exhaust tips then stock. it had the AAS front bumper, some other type of side skirts and a stock SVT rear bumper ...

I think I spotted Whitey yesterday. 99-00 Black/Tan SVT, Borla cat-back.

I-84 East, I merged with you next to Route 72. You hopped in the right lane and took off. I was cruising behind you once traffic opened up but you were moving along doing about 85 mph.

I was in the black BMW if you saw me.

Back