• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

non-intercooled turbo

you dont have to read up on anything if u dont want to. thats the good thing about paying joey. he does the work.:) and dont worry, he'll see u through the process. he's VERY VERY good about that..

thats what i was hoping i didnt have to do, i wouldnt know where to start. i'll take your word for it. thanks

99tred's exactly right. thats a very good reason to have more than the set/perfect tune on the xcal. another is for different settings that u might have. e.g timing, temperature, lean, rich conditions etc. u'll find that the triple storage for tunes becomes quite handy.

nautilus has the performance tune option, would that be the tune that i would order when i get a tune from joey?

ok, but what is an "adaptation feature" (what does it do)and what do you mean by data logging? (is it hp/tq readings @ certain rpms, or air/ fuel ratios and stuff like that?)

datalogging has nuthn to do with hp/tq readings. datalogging is just the reading of information that that the car is putting out using a tuning program that works with the xcal we're talking about. for ex, air/fuel readings at any rpms, o2 sensor readings, maf readings, fuel maps, temperature etc. the adaptation feature is the ability of the car's computer to self adjust the lean/rich condition to a balanced degree. if its rich, the pcm leans it out a bit, and vice versa. the reason u want the adaptation feature off is so that the tuning can be on point so to speak. if u tune with the adaptation on, the computer will keep self adjusting making the precise tuning difficult.

ok, but what is an "adaptation feature" (what does it do)and what do you mean by data logging? (is it hp/tq readings @ certain rpms, or air/ fuel ratios and stuff like that?)

the adaptive learning is what the pcm does. it learns how the car runs and adjust different parameters to make it run well. Ie adjusting the fuel based on how its running and demand, etc.

as for datalogging you record data from the various sensors, etc on the engine that you pick.

Back