• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New to pittsburgh

Oh she will drive it as much or more than I will. She will love pulling up next to a young kid in his pride and joy and then dust him to the next light. :shrug: don't know what the old lady is driving dude I couldn't keep up:shrug:

Yeah my mom enjoys doing that too, except shes doing it in the Aviator. I know I certainly like pulling up next to kids in a civic when i got the Aviator and beating them off the line...

I'll get some pics up eventually. Right now it's basically just a stock 03 Sonic Yellow WRX. The only things that were left on the car when I got it were a turbo timer, rear strut bar, Perrin short ram intake (which has since been removed b/c of how dirty the filter is), Perrin turbo uplet pipe, and a JVC CD/DVD player.

Come to think of it, I haven't even taken one picture of it yet. Wow, I might want to do that before I start modding it. :blackeye:

Very cool Rob! I've driven my brother's WRX and it is a ton of fun to drive.

Oh she will drive it as much or more than I will. She will love pulling up next to a young kid in his pride and joy and then dust him to the next light. :shrug: don't know what the old lady is driving dude I couldn't keep up:shrug:

Nice!
Take the Contour badge off so it confuses the kids even more. Their ego might feel better thinking they got toasted by a Taurus. :laugh:

I laughed the first day we had the other Tour, she came home from work with a huge smile on her face. I asked if she had a good day and she replied not bad but out running the kid in the Grand am sure was fun. :shrug: she likes to get to where she is going quickly. Well once she gets in the car anyway!

I am having fun tearing the 3.0 down and getting it ready for the swap. Looking for a dual exhaust for some added HP along with a CAI, but not much else planned for it right now. Well other than the SVT rear bumper for the duals.

Fun times is right.

Randy:
I'm glad that you are having fun tearing into that 3L. :cool: I hope that swap will be just as fun for you.
Are you going to get a stock SVT exhaust for it? I thought I saw one in the main classified section not that long ago.

Christine,

I saw that listing, I might look into it but the shipping would probably be expensive.

I hope to get the 3.0 into the SE in the next couple of weeks. Depends on the weather as to how soon I tear out the 2.5 and give it a proper teardown and sell off for 3.0 money :cool:.

I am going to coat the valve covers and UIM and see if I can sell them to offset some costs.

Have I mentioned that I coat for parts :shrug: LOL.

I've got 2 real nice SVT mufflers w/ hangars here for $60, just have a good exhaust shop add them, should be cheaper than shipping a full exhaust.
-J

Haven't seen another SVT around for a while...

I saw one the other day outside our Shadyside branch. I actually thought it was yours at first cause it had the grill painted T-Red, but realized it wasn't.

I do miss the uniqueness of the SVT. I was however the only Sonic Yellow WRX at the Subie meet last night........however it was full of multiple other WRX/STi's...:shrug:

Back