• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New 3.5L V6 Swap

Cordless dremel.
:laugh:

I forgot who he was for a sec:laugh:

Sooooo......Duratecs in Contours are cool:shrug:

I'd really like to put a 2.3 in mine. Let's stop shooting stuff down and put our heads together. How can this be done? My guess...

The major stuff...
Trans
Subframe
ECU

Minor stuff...
-Oil pan
-Intake system
-Exhaust system
-Dip stick

In preparation for boost...
-Axles
-Intake manifold
-Not sure about the rotating assembly:confused:

PLEASE FILL THIS LIST IN!!!!!

aaaaaand....GO!

exactly man, I'm one of the guys saying it's stupid. the only things I asked about at all were cams or heads. heads got shot down, so I wonder how the cams are in these?

terry is probably the only person I would trust to pull a 3.5 swap off....

I "doun't" you can either

but, this thread was started by some newbie that hasn't even done a 3.0 swap.....

exactly man, I'm one of the guys saying it's stupid. the only things I asked about at all were cams or heads. heads got shot down, so I wonder how the cams are in these?

terry is probably the only person I would trust to pull a 3.5 swap off....

I "doun't" you can either

but, this thread was started by some newbie that hasn't even done a 3.0 swap.....

Yeah, he's so stupid he probably doesn't even know how to calculate the roll center of a car.

HOME!!!!

Terry supposedly is doing this 3.5L swap IIRC. If terry hasn't completed this yet, i doun't Kaos can:help:

Terry is hardly the man to benchmark against.

FYI. See if you can get Worldtour to tell you about the contour he encounted that squatted and took off 'dog-legged'

50.gif

getout.gif

Its a high hard fast ball down the middle... he swings.. and he's...........................

alright.. now.. back to the OT, as it should be..
If anyone DOES want to continue this topic, let them do it now.. otherwise, this little "episode" we had here is taken care of and I'd expect it to be dropped, now.

Back