• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Last Pictures Of My CSVT

Tour_Racer00

CEG'er
Had a pretty bad misfortune with my pride and joy Monday night, cruising with a few firends on a back road I turned my head to look at the back seat passengers and the passenger yelled DEER. My first reaction was to first see if anybody was coming and then swirve to the left to try and avoid it. That worked...until the weight of two bigger guys in the back caught up to me and the car fishtailed like I've never handled to that extent before. I tried to correct it but failed and ended up going towards the curb where the car hit and rolled onto its roof and then slid down the ditch on the drivers side. Good news, everybody was good and all walked out of my sunroof, bad news, my car is totaled. So keep you're eyes on the lookout for a low milage partout in the classifieds. The car had 55K miles and a laundry list of modifications

100_3419.jpg

100_3402.jpg

100_3403.jpg

100_3405.jpg

100_3406.jpg

100_3408.jpg

100_3407.jpg

100_3411.jpg

100_3409.jpg

100_3416.jpg

Thats why you never swerve to miss a deer. Sucks Man

x2. Also like Five-Oh said, just jam the brakes and pray. Just glad no one was walking/biking on the trail. Also I didn't know these cars came with idependent rear stearing. :)

Last edited:
Hey man, sorry about your car. I won't bother PMing you about parts, I'll wait until you put them in the classifieds. Have you found out yet what your insurance company will do in terms of covering all your car and all the mods etc.?

It is. He bought an SVT too and he was forced to sell it. I remember it distinctly as he had to hide it from the wifey for a while lol

Yeah, no swerving.. just hit the brakes and stay ON the road. I hit a deer in my cougar going 65 and all it did was crack my bumper and dent my hood. That front support holds up well, just a word of advice..

Back