• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My gay purple $250 Contour

Up here this same car will sell for $3500-$4000 without a new transmission and new wheels/tires and more mileage, which is why I have a for sale sign up in the back window. I've had a few people at work offer me $3000 already but I really don't want to sell it that badly.

You know what's interesting, too, is that when I had purchased my car from this shady repair/dealer guy, my current mechanic was actually selling a Mystique! He said afterwards that he would have sold it to me for $2500! The same price as my Contour! It was a '95, and that weird teal/green color (I don't know the real name for it haha), and only 50k miles! I kind have wish I had gotten that Mystique instead... :(

Up here this same car will sell for $3500-$4000 without a new transmission and new wheels/tires and more mileage, which is why I have a for sale sign up in the back window. I've had a few people at work offer me $3000 already but I really don't want to sell it that badly.

This is really interesting because I looked up the BB on my car a few months ago and it came out to $2795. :(. And yet, I could probably sell it for over $3000 in its current condition. (I have some issues I'm working on :D)

Nice deal! My gay purple cost alot more back in the day. Im growing fond of the name gay purple however. All i know is that sooner or later the ladies will laugh at you for the color, I speak from experience.

Attachments

• GayPurpleWithRims.jpg
    GayPurpleWithRims.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nice deal! My gay purple cost alot more back in the day. Im growing fond of the name gay purple however. All i know is that sooner or later the ladies will laugh at you for the color, I speak from experience.

At least your gay purple has fog lights and nice rims. My gay purple has nothing of the sort. I got rid of my $20 Autozone fog lights because they filled with water, and I have hubcaps LOL. :D

Alright.
You guys said gay purple so here you go.
I can't even get $1200 for my ride FWIW, so that's why it's probably never being traded in or sold.

DSC_0028.jpg

Blu Fuz and Pre98
fuzzzzzzzz.jpg

Contour2007-3.jpg

If you're from here I'm sure you've heard the Focus by now, I believe I am officially the loudest car in the city... Go straight pipe! Nothing like pulling up to a Harley and totally drowning out his bike... I have to go buy a resonator this year.

Last edited:
If you're from here I'm sure you've heard the Focus by now, I believe I am officially the loudest car in the city... Go straight pipe!.

I've heard *every* car in Saskatoon. I live on Central Ave, and my windows face the road. There is never a moment of silence! I've heard some pretty loud cars lately.... and mine ain't one of them!

You dared post your street name? Now Luke is gonna go tearing up and down at midnight just to wake you up :p

You dared post your street name? Now Luke is gonna go tearing up and down at midnight just to wake you up :p

Assuming that he doesn't already do that? Central Ave. is the 'place to be' in Saskatoon (I laugh writing that...), lots of bars and pubs on it. The putz teenagers go zooming up and down this street at all hours of the night anyways, what's one more going to do? ;)

Back