• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My boost build thread

They are orange.

Here are the colors you picked:

849.jpg

853.jpg

They look like the first color you picked in the pictures and in person they look like the second color you picked.

jump002.jpg

jump001.jpg

then its all good then, cant wait to get them. did you get the bolts silver?

ordered the fuel pump this morning should have it by the end of the week.

I have to work late tonight so nothing is getting done, and i have a board of directors meeting tomorrow night, so probably nothing will get done then either

Call Vortech right away and get the right bolts to hold the pin drive on. Both 3 pin ends require a special ARP bolt and washer. I just had mine done a few weeks ago and know you have the wrong bolts. If you leave it the way it is your going to ruin it.

what bolts are you talking about? the kit came off of a car that was running fine, ive got all the parts from it. there arent even any bolts in any of the pics that ive posted

Fine argue with me. Its not my car or my Vortech. Its the center bolt that holds the pin drive adapter to the jackshaft and the other bolt that holds the pindrive to the blower shaft. In your pic earlier the blower had no bolt and the jackshaft had the wrong bolt for sure.

im not arguing with you. im a visual person. i do better with pictures and arrows, not words so if you insist things are wrong, clarify them a bit more

Trust me it's not. to the right of the filter (and you can see it in the block & pan's mold) is the primary oil drain passage from the heads through the block. You tap the block in that passage or just below it in the pan. The reason why you have such a long tube coming out of the pan is so that it clears the exhaust manifold. I'd mock it up out of the car and look at your angles before drilling another hole, but having installed quite a few of these I've never put the drain tube there.

Caprio23, There is nothing wrong with his setup. Look closely you'll see that there is a key way that holds things in place, once the halves are mated it creates a sandwich fit. Also the pin drive is not a standard Vortech item, its an aftermarket custom addition and no two are exactly the same in that regards. Just because yours has a bolt, doesn't mean the next guys does.

Mark

ill mock it up when its all together, i have another pan or 2 that i can use. ill see if i can find the digital version of the manual that i have. i understand what you are saying. This is my first time installing one from scratch, so i was just following the directions

oildrain.png

Caprio, i looked back at the pics from when i helped atomicinternet reinstall his SC after getting it back from vortec. the bolt looks just like the bolt on his after taking it right out of the box

Yeah I started looking it up after you said it and you're right. I still have never put it there.

When Terry Haines & I installed my original kit (2nd kit sold to the public by Vortech & the second installed) this topic was heavily discussed between us because of how flat the drain tube was going to lay. (fig 3-c, if its not perfect you're going to end up going uphill & even if it is perfect after awhile under normal circumstances it can end up that way) Not to mention added difficulty changing the oil with the stock filter location.

I've installed 4 of these since then and always tapped the pan below the main drain on the block. The few that TH has done since he has tapped the block in the drain passage and used a #10 90 degree brass AN fitting then ran a insulated drain hose behind the manifold/header which really decluttered the frontal area of the engine. If I ever do another & if the engine is out of the car I'll probably go that route.

ok. i was thinking before you mentioned something of putting in a section of hard line in where the hose runs and make a bracket to hold it in place. if for nothing else save on possibly melting the hose

World Tour and jaged. I just got mine back from Vortech a coulpe of weeks ago. Vortech took an extra week to get those bolts installed. Mine has two low profile ARP 12 Point bolts holding both ends together. I swear they belong there. In mine, you cant see the key way on either end. I should have taken pictures. Call Vortech Tech support and deal with Jami.

got the covers today, the pics joe posted are off from how they look, they are less redish. left the camera at work so no pics tonight. timing cover will go on tomorrow and ill get that side of the motor finished up. working on the trans this weekend

installed tonight: powdercoated valve cover, alt, DMD, SC belt pulleys

walbro showed up today. still waiting on a clutch. called today and got no answer. ill try again tomorrow at a different time. going to pick up a gatorback belt tomorrow

left the camera at work again so no pics

I sent the valve cover bolts out to ya. They were in the original box you left here.

Back