• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My biggest financial mistake...

Cool new ride!

I pay $72 a month for full coverage w/$250 ded, GAP coverage, under/uninsured coverage, bla bla bla. Only have a couple of speeding tickets and a displaying of speed or something like that..... all from the CSVT. I even had a total loss on my Grand Cherokee before I bought my CSVT, $6K body and paint claim for the CSVT, 4 or 5 stereo systems ripped off and replaced by the insurance companies..... so I'm shocked I get as good of a rate that I do. I also have storage insurance on my Impala and Gran Sport, home owners and boat insurance with the same company (American Family Insurance).
28 and in SLC, Utah

Cool new ride!

I pay $72 a month for full coverage w/$250 ded, GAP coverage, under/uninsured coverage, bla bla bla. Only have a couple of speeding tickets and a displaying of speed or something like that..... all from the CSVT. I even had a total loss on my Grand Cherokee before I bought my CSVT, $6K body and paint claim for the CSVT, 4 or 5 stereo systems ripped off and replaced by the insurance companies..... so I'm shocked I get as good of a rate that I do. I also have storage insurance on my Impala and Gran Sport, home owners and boat insurance with the same company (American Family Insurance).
28 and in SLC, Utah

I didn't realize you were in SLC. I went to the Canyons this year...LOVED IT! :drool:

They quickly became played out in my area with too many young tools behind the wheel. As much as I shouldn't let that be a deciding factor, it really drove me crazy.

That must have been the regular SS, not the Supercharged model. There were plenty of the SS models around here but just a few SS/SC models that would hiss at you.

That must have been the regular SS, not the Supercharged model. There were plenty of the SS models around here but just a few SS/SC models that would hiss at you.

Yeah, for 08 they killed that badging disaster. Those non-boosted Cobalts that are a cut above the 2LT are now called Sport. This is how it should have been in 2005... :blackeye:

They really managed to water down the SS name even more with that debacle...

better not be on an unbroken in car...tsk tsk

I've been breaking it in easy. Following the guidelines from the manufacturer and some advice from a couple of GM engineers I know. :eek:

I am currently getting 25mpg city and I haven't touched the highway at all.

I also was on Wooward last night and had this parked next to the last gen MINI cooper S...holy crap are those cars tiny! :shocked:

Yeah, for 08 they killed that badging disaster. Those non-boosted Cobalts that are a cut above the 2LT are now called Sport. This is how it should have been in 2005... :blackeye:
My ex is driving one of the Sports. Pretty nice little car, although it looks like a 4x4. Damn thing needs a drop BAD! Nice choice on your Cobalt. I dig it...and especially that info center. Very cool! GM is finally starting to build some cars that interest me aside from the Vette. I'll be looking closely at the Camaro when it finally hits dealers.

DAMN! Chevy is doing some sweet sh*t... unreal. While at Ford, with the Focus, we get rid of the 2.3l optional engine and offer only the base 2.0l... and add things like ambient lighting and SYNC. YAY Ford! :nonono:
Well, you know....I'm pretty sure their new slogan needs to be: Ford. Mediocrity is Job 1!

Back