• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Newest mod, more carbon fiber...

NorMich99SE

CEG'er
So on Monday I got a box from ScottD60 containing some cf mirror bases I bought off him. Had to swap the silver mirrors for my black ones, but had that done Monday night and installed last night. Thought I'd share some pics with you. So far this makes carbon fiber evo style hood, carbon fiber mirror bases, some carbon fiber in the saild panels, and carbon fiber eyelids I have yet to put on. To think I used to not like the stuff, lol. Anyway, on with a couple pics!

100_1235.jpg

100_1236.jpg

100_1237.jpg

100_1238.jpg

Looking good! I just thought they were a bit expensive for 300 bucks.... Now 150 isnt so bad...

Car is looking good I really want that hood...

- amyn

Man you need some jackpoint covers and screw covers for the cowl. detracts from the nice bases.

if people want CF fuel doors, buy a Billet Aluminum on and get the center section done. It would look a hell of alot better than a stocker.

Thanks for the comments so far guys. There are a lot of little things to take care of to get it really nice, all in due time.

As for the fuel door, I have a Bullitt fuel door off my old SE I'll be putting on, no plans to do any cf on it though. I have some ideas to bring some carbon fiber to the back of the car, and I'll probably end up getting the sail panels wrapped instead of the insert type things that are in it now.

But I also have some O2's to replace, some MIL eliminators to get and some other odds and ends to take care of. Like I said, all in due time. Right now there's a little issue of a wedding to plan and pay for.

NorMich

I have the CF mirror bases too. But when I went to swap the CF bases w/ my current SF mirrors now my power mirror won't work on that side. I did have tom totally disconnect and take apart the mirror but I can't believe it does not work now. I put it back together the same way. I'm going to half to mess with it some more.

Did you have this issue??

When I put the pre 98 heated guts on my SVT the pass. side quit for a while. It would only go up and down when I got everything back together. Wouldn't go side to side. Magically came back and is working now.

I didn't have any problems with mine. had to adjust them after I put them in last night and everything worked fine. Perhaps one of the connections isn't fully enagaged, either at the big plug on the inside or more likely the small plug that's inside, connecting to what I'm guessing is the actual motor. Good luck getting it taken care of though!

As for the Mustang guy....in some ways that's quite close to my dream Contour. If I ever have enough money to throw at a tour and decide to do it, it will be mostly carbon fiber, just for the heck of it. That Mustang is amazing though :drool:

Last edited:
When I put the pre 98 heated guts on my SVT the pass. side quit for a while. It would only go up and down when I got everything back together. Wouldn't go side to side. Magically came back and is working now.

I didn't have any problems with mine. had to adjust them after I put them in last night and everything worked fine. Perhaps one of the connections isn't fully enagaged, either at the big plug on the inside or more likely the small plug that's inside, connecting to what I'm guessing is the actual motor. Good luck getting it taken care of though!

I wanted to do the heated mirror mod but I don't have the needed number of wires running to the mirror to do this :bah:....so I figured whats the next best thing....CF! :laugh:

Yea I'm going to have to take it apart again. Both bases,mirrors,wiring,connectors, etc are from a post 98 so in theory everything should wire up and be a simple plug and play. I should have tested it before putting it all together and bolting it back on the car.

Back