• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 86...

NO cellphone pics and now I come in here and NO pics here either, come on Eric! Post the pics or your current hat is going to be blowing down the road never to be heard from again!

Oh holy hot snap! Yesterday, my 24 year old, smoking, stinking Corolla passed emissions. They used a tailpipe probe and I bombed miserably. My CO and CO2 was out the door. So I stole some fuel injection cleaning stuff from work; one part in the gas tank and one part down the carb with the motor running. It stinks even worse and blows hella smoke on start up, but Foxy Cleopatra at the emissions place said I was clean, and I got my smiley face papers. Now I just gotta get the dang title and I'll have a legal tag. :) :) I have all the emissions controls stuff in a box in my shed; and I'm even going to remove the O2 sensor and plug the bung to save weight. ;)

Oh holy hot snap! Yesterday, my 24 year old, smoking, stinking Corolla passed emissions. They used a tailpipe probe and I bombed miserably. My CO and CO2 was out the door. So I stole some fuel injection cleaning stuff from work; one part in the gas tank and one part down the carb with the motor running. It stinks even worse and blows hella smoke on start up, but Foxy Cleopatra at the emissions place said I was clean, and I got my smiley face papers. Now I just gotta get the dang title and I'll have a legal tag. :) :) I have all the emissions controls stuff in a box in my shed; and I'm even going to remove the O2 sensor and plug the bung to save weight. ;)

LOL cause those 02's are heavy as hell :)

Where are the new shoes? Or are you not allowed to install them till you get that stuff off of the front porch:lol:

I got pics but your holding out on everyone else here Eric....and "ish" doesn't cut it unless its ISH doing your interior, then, ISH does cut it!

I'm 100% legal now. $19.75/month insured. :cool: I'm going to have to rebuild the brake master cylinder, and I'll go on and replace the clutch master and slave when I replace the clutch next week. Things are looking up for the grape 86 before the Dragon Run. ;)

For the 86 yeah. Well, it went up only 20 bucks, so it's actually a little more, but my rates went down for adding another policy. Discounts are sweet. :cool: And shaddup John! :crazy:

Now my 86 is a little less boro and a little more safe. I sprayed the grill black and put it back on and I finally installed the wiper arms and blades. I put the horn on and it shorted out after one honk, so I still gots no horn, but it sounded lame anyways.
ry%3D400

Plus I managed to find a weird hill/gulley in my yard; hence the jacked up positive camber on the rear.

Yeah I'm going to replace the slave cylinder. It was cruddy inside and leaking around the main seal when I started working on it. I was able to clean it and free it up; the the shaft is scored up and still leaks down and sticks sometimes. That's why it feels like the clutch is slipping; because technically it is. The slave cylinder is sticking and not letting the clutch grab totally. I'm also going to replace the brake master cylinder, too. I tossed on a cheap used one cuz mine was drippin nuts out the rear seal. The new one won't bleed down properly and the pedal falls too far before engaging the brakes. Which is unsafe; and keeps me from heel-toe shifting cuz my foot isn't long enough to reach the throttle when the brake falls to the floor. :(

Yeah I might throw some black paint on the bumpers. Hell maybe I'll paint 'em pink.

Back