• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 86...

I plan to. ;) I'm going to finish stripping/cleaning the interior and paint that a nice metallic silver; but the outside is going to be whatever leftover paints I have in the garage. And I used to race and build RC cars, so I have tons of little spray cans in all sorts of colors. :cool:

I also have a splitter I'm going to try to install tomorrow. It's the front lower skid plate that came off a customer's MB E230 sedan. He said our shop messed it up the last time he was here... which happened to be 5 years ago. :rolleyes: So we bought him a brand new one from MB for $125 and I took this one out the trash. With a little cutting, I think it'll fit pretty good, boro boro style!

Those wheels on the AE are awesome!

Eric, you might have to paint your wheels bright green, I guess a couple guys running the Dragon in our group this year are doing this....I'm not one of them though!

The Miata and the AE have both the same rims, same size, and same tires, same size lol. And if I remember what he told me, the bumper is a JDM one, not the American garbage that falls apart lol

Yeah your buddy is right; that's a JDM bumper; which means it's all one piece instead of 3 pieces like mine. Of course, his is a GTS (or at least a swap) with the twin cam 4AGE whereas my motor is a single cam 4AC. Those are XXR wheels; dirt cheap, abundant, pretty lightweight, and look pretty good. I've thought about those wheels/brand, but I dunno; too common on 86's. Plus, that's a Cusco shift knob. ;)

Well my 86 ... failed the smog check. :cry: I gotta reduce my CO and CO2's, but HC's were good. Plus I passed the cat tamper inspection, despite the fact that I cut off the air pump outlet on the cat and filled it with liquid steel. :crazy:

The outside part is 3 pieces front and rear, that's why everybody loves the JDM bumpers cuz they're just one piece. But you gotta get the JDM brackets and grille and lights and usually the whole front sells for around $4-500 in decent shape.

Ok I will. I'm going to replace the spark plugs, run 93 octane for a tank, replace the fuel filter and weld in a new cat. Hopefully that'll tame my stinky farts long enough to get a legal plate. Apparantly I could've gone to jail for running my Camry license plate on my Corolla while driving it this weekend! :shocked: So the 86 is parked safe and sound while I round up stuff to clean her up.

Eric, how about a pic of that stereo system your workin' on and the cover of cassette your going to first insert in there:laugh:

My 86...

...has tunes. I paid less than $30 for the radio/tape/CD/harnesses/shipped and it works like a dream. And it sounds decent considering it's only running to two 4" speakers in the dash.
ry%3D400

Now my 86 is.... rust free and mostly all one color! I also blasted the wheels black, even though I'm trying desperately to get rid of them. It's total boro status, but it's not low enough; maybe another 3" oughtta do it. And nevermind the yard; I was going to mow today... but I found better things to do. :crazy:
ry%3D400

Probably will get pulled over for this?
ry%3D400

Purple :shrug:
I kind of like it but i'm still going to give you hell as much as i can later on. This is a warning & i will give you a while to prepare!

Back