• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

molded svt side skirts. interest check/GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally!!!!!!

Finally!!!!!!

Here you go guys. the first skirt right out of the mould.
CarParts004-1.jpg

CarParts003-1.jpg

CarParts002-1.jpg

it still needs to be trimmed out, sanded, body filler, and primed before i get shots of it on the car. the one piece mould isnt going to cut it. it will have to be 4 piece so that way i can make them thicker and stronger and still get them out easily and efficiently. the build up will be 4oz weave, which drapes easily around curves, then 1.5oz chopped strand behind it to add stiffness and build up the part thickness. i have decided if i am going to vac bag them yet. if i vac bag it, it ensures that the resin is distributed evenly and that all it saturated.

let me know what you guys think. i will prob open up a Group Buy thread sometime later this winter, or sometime in early spring.

Pics are really way to small can you post links to the album so we can view them full size?

Looks good at that size tho :crazy:

- amyn

Very nice. How many layers of glass did you do?

only had enough resin left to do one layer. production skirts will have 2-3 layers.

look for an actual group buy to be setup sometime this week. i need to get a full count on how many people are definately interested so i know if this is worth my time to produce these pieces and to continue R&D on future fiberglass parts. stuff like fenders,hoods, front and rear bumpers, etc.

hey guys,

i see a few people have shown interest in buying a pair of skirts. to make it worth my time and effort i need at least 10 people willing to buy skirts. they

1: skirts will mount using stock mounting holes and rivets on the back. and in the wheel wells.
2: the front of the skirt will be held on with two-sided thin tape
3:Hardware is not included. Tape will already be mounted on the skirt.
4: They should be priced between 250-350 per pair shipped. this could change depending on the quotes from shipping services.
5: skirts will come primed and ready for paint.

DEADLINE IS MARCH 1st

more then 10 is fine. this way i know who is in. and i can start getting everything ready to start production. i plan starting production in march and having the skirts completed by april or mid may. a deposit of half will be due at a later date. that way i dont go and make ten or more skirts and have everyone back out. this pricing will probably be only for groups of 10 or more.

If it's $250-300 total I'm definitely in; if it's $250-300 per side, I'm not so sure.

Brian

its per pair. guess i should make that more clear:laugh:

im in the process of getting my supplies and plugs ready so i can get two perfect molds, which my teacher is going to help me make the plugs great and cover the molds with a semi permanent release which is good for 100 pulls.

when would you be looking for payment, and when do you expect for them to be done?

i will be looking for payment once i have both molds completed. that should be within 2 months i can only work on them 3 days out of the week with school and all.

i should have 10 pairs by april may time. payment of course before they are made.

that's awesome man. you deserve a huge pat on the back! :cool:

i love the smooth, non jp look. and i need a pair. my only concern is having them so close to the ground and being made of fiberglass, like the mirkos. what are your thoughts?

i had considered making these out of the duraflex material that we're doing the splitters in but wasnt sure how much they'd cost.. your price is definitely a good price for a PAIR including shipping.

that's awesome man. you deserve a huge pat on the back! :cool:

i love the smooth, non jp look. and i need a pair. my only concern is having them so close to the ground and being made of fiberglass, like the mirkos. what are your thoughts?

i had considered making these out of the duraflex material that we're doing the splitters in but wasnt sure how much they'd cost.. your price is definitely a good price for a PAIR including shipping.

well i can always add good support as extra glass and foam in the front and rear corners. the added support would leave enough material left on the damaged area so that an easy repair could be made. such as using a repair kit sold at pep boys or the like.

well i can always add good support as extra glass and foam in the front and rear corners. the added support would leave enough material left on the damaged area so that an easy repair could be made. such as using a repair kit sold at pep boys or the like.

oh ok cool. didnt know all that was possible. :cool:

thanks for the info. put me down as interested in a pair. i have a damaged one so i might as well replace both. if i really like it, i may end up grabbing another set for car #2.

normal skirt to accept those new jack point covers being made?

only if i can do it. ill have to ask my teacher. it would be a LOT harder to make the mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back