• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

molded svt side skirts. interest check/GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes when i get one done. im still getting the mold finished up. ive got 2 weeks till im done with school then i can devote alot more time to this.

well im still broke. looks like its gonna cost me close to 150-200 to make the molds. and getting payed every two weeks isnt helping:mad: bear with me people. i should have at least one started sometime in july. id like to have one skirt done by the end of july. so that i can make a descion as well as post pictures of it for all of you to decide.

still have to source a drivers side skirt.:blackeye:

well im still broke. looks like its gonna cost me close to 150-200 to make the molds. and getting payed every two weeks isnt helping:mad: bear with me people. i should have at least one started sometime in july. id like to have one skirt done by the end of july. so that i can make a descion as well as post pictures of it for all of you to decide.

still have to source a drivers side skirt.:blackeye:

Did this project ever get off the ground?

Did this project ever get off the ground?

yes it did. i have one jig made up to make a mold of the passenger side skirt. i just have always have been busy with work/school/surfboards.

couple more weekends ill have all my board work done and i can focus on this finally. that and i need more money to get supplies.

just ordered supplies to make the first mold.

figured i might as well glass in the jack point covers anyhow. make it easier to get a clean plug. should have it started after halloween. i work Saturdays up at school so getting home to make things its tough.

mold for the first skirt is done. just waiting for it to dry and ill be popping it off the plug.

then sanding and finishing the mold, getting it ready to produce parts, then making the first skirt.

if it all works out i will have pictures of the mold up tmrw, and a skirt by the end of the week.

stay tuned guys

mold for the first skirt is done. just waiting for it to dry and ill be popping it off the plug.

then sanding and finishing the mold, getting it ready to produce parts, then making the first skirt.

if it all works out i will have pictures of the mold up tmrw, and a skirt by the end of the week.

stay tuned guys

How about some pics?

stay tuned guys

Woohoo!!

megadj.gif

380.jpg

382.jpg

383.jpg

now i just have to sand this baby smooth. wax it up and try to make a part. i think im going to add more glass to the mold to make it stronger so that when im struggling to pop the part out i dont break the mold.

i probably should have made it two piece with the split line running on the top of the skirt for easily removal but i did get it out just fine.
let me know what you guys think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back