• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko Duraflex Group Buy 2013!

The CF versions WILL FIT!! Malcolm (imnotacop420) and I have both got them on the car. With that said....you will need to stress the hell out of the wrap arounds. They will spidercrack the clear some on the wraparounds (behind the bumper...in the wheelwell where nobody cares anyhow). Mine still looks perfect on the outside though.

They will fit...you just gotta not be a cubscout and put some ass behind it! lol But a tight fit is good (pun intended).

thanks for posting up brent. brents had a few of these now lol so he's pretty familiar with them.

the mold is made. all the cf versions are exactly the same as the DF versions. theyre just not as flexible. the fitment will all be the same. the only issues would be possible cosmetic issues or cracked splitters etc... but fitment should be exactly the same on all parts since theyre all made using the same mold. if they were too lose it would be even more of a problem because then people would be trying to get it to sit nice and tight. either way, we know the Duraflex fit great. a few people have gotten the CF version to fit. so ED is not going to be interested in tampering with the mold again. especially when these aren't exactly selling like hot cakes. and by hot cakes i mean like 10-20 per month like the more popular cars. we're lucky Pete has an IN with them or we probably would not have been able to have these made by them.

whats BLEMS? and just so i know these are the front lip that is one the red car in the banner?

yes they are the splitters like the one on the red car, although that one is most likely one of the old school fiberglass mirkos. these are 10x better in fitment and construction. the "blems" are the first go we had at making these. the wrap around parts are a little too long, about .5".

Count me in for the DF!!!

i didnt even really notice...milan? as in previously banned milan? lol. hey man!

Please add me to the list for a DF (duraflex)

done

I think everyone would like these in time for the Zing, but thats just me.

i dont know if everyone is attending.
of course everyone wants them as soon as possible. im just trying to see who is actually planning to attend and have the splitter on their car.

of course everyone wants them as soon as possible. im just trying to see who is actually planning to attend and have the splitter on their car.

Well, put me on that list.

I am planning on attending and would love to have this on in time for sure

...a tight fit is good (pun intended).

Haha very true but sadly my engine no longer has a tight fit due to a spun rod bearing... So pending further action and costs associated with that, I must temporarily back out of the group buy but I wanted to wait until you at least had more. Hopefully someday I will be able to try again. Good luck and have fun.

1. jumijc deposit
2. Daven
3. Sneezer (sz)
4. SloCSTV
5. offthewallds deposit
6. dairdevyld
7. supah star
8.git-r-done
9. CSVT_0611 (sz)
10. Quicksilver
11. SoundQSVT
12. ArcticFrostSVT

I guess Ill figure it out. It is way to tight of a fit on the CF version...... Pulling the wrap arounds seem like the wrap around is going to break off and cause an unpleasant sight. Again I had a professional body man who has been doing custom and collision work for over 35 years and he said the same so its not really just putting some strength into it. Its a $500 part no reason to just tug on it to get it on and possibly break it......

Well I went to Wyotech and have 10 years experience as a painter and body guy....and I have worked in plenty of high end restoration shops (some have built cars for SEMA and the Riddler Award). And I got mine to fit...and I bet I could get yours on too. Mine looked just as far away from fitting as yours at first. I have three very small spidercracks on my one wrap around...the other has none. You cant even see them when on the car. Trust me...it will fit.

I put one side on...got it close to where it needs to be...the other side I had to play around with and pull the wrap around back some (which is where the stress cracks occur). But its the only way unless you cut the wrap arounds off. If I did cut them...I could show you the nicest cut to make on them without looking hacked.

Well maybe my guys just dont wanna break the damn thing..... Or dont want to take responsibility if it does break. Im not saying my guys are the best but they are no regular Joe Schmoes when it comes to some of this stuff......

Back