• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Magnaflow mufflers

Phoenix33

CEG'er
So i got my mufflers today, someone in another thread suggested magnaflow 10435s. So i got them, how am i supposed to fit these monsters under there, they are so long. does anyone else have these on their car? and if so how do you mount them so they dont hit the rear suspension?

i realize this is entirely my bad for not researching enough, but woooow. i thought about just replacing the resonator with one of them, but the resonator has offset pipes, will putting the magnaflow there throw off the piping?

I feel really stupid for not researching this before i bought them, so if anyone has these long ass mufflers on their car could you please help, the car is up on the lift now so speedy replies would be awsome. :help:

So i got my mufflers today, someone in another thread suggested magnaflow 10435s. So i got them, how am i supposed to fit these monsters under there, they are so long. does anyone else have these on their car? and if so how do you mount them so they dont hit the rear suspension?

i realize this is entirely my bad for not researching enough, but woooow. i thought about just replacing the resonator with one of them, but the resonator has offset pipes, will putting the magnaflow there throw off the piping?

I feel really stupid for not researching this before i bought them, so if anyone has these long ass mufflers on their car could you please help, the car is up on the lift now so speedy replies would be awsome. :help:

Oh your fine...it will just sit on an angle...crooked. It will fit inside the canal perfectly. I have 2 welded together sitting in the canal.

But i would of suggested a 18 inch if the rest of the exhaust was stock...but 22inch is great in case you decide to modify your exhaust even more :)

My dad wants me to send them back, do u have any pics handy? it really bummed me out when he told me they wouldnt work. do you just have the tip coming out crooked? or a bent tip on the end to make it look like its coming out straight.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, seems like this is more of a weekend project than a simple cut n swap.

I'd really like to make this work but my dad is adamant about sending them back, at a loss of about 50 bucks to me...

If anyone has pics of how their mufflers are situated i would love to see them to show my dad it can be done, if anyone has pics from underneath that would be amazing, i know its a long shot...

Thanks for any help

Here ya go:

Mufflersandtips.jpg

DSC03900-1.jpg

tips.jpg

how much would a shop charge to do this? i think my dad just doesnt want to because it will be a lot of work.

and going back to my question from earlier if you mounted them crooked do you just leave them like that or would i get an angled tip to make it come out looking straight

how much would a shop charge to do this? i think my dad just doesnt want to because it will be a lot of work.

and going back to my question from earlier if you mounted them crooked do you just leave them like that or would i get an angled tip to make it come out looking straight

Take it to an exhaust shop...pay the man like 30-50 dollars (depending on the guy at the shop) to throw it up there.

It will sit at an angle but any exhaust tech will know what to do to correctly install it.

Wait a sec are we talking about different things here? It sounds like he bought two 10435s to replace the back mufflers instead of ordering one to replace the resonator but he's still talking like he wants to use them as the rear mufflers.

Wait a sec are we talking about different things here? It sounds like he bought two 10435s to replace the back mufflers instead of ordering one to replace the resonator but he's still talking like he wants to use them as the rear mufflers.

Your right.....if they are to be placed in the rear, then you would have to do a custom catback because they are too long. If you bought them both...return 1 and place one in the resonators location.

When you return the 1 order different style mufflers kinda like what luca his pictured.

Thanks for the help guys, im gonna end up returning one and placing one where the resonator is.

This has taught me a lesson to research research research, im definitly going to be out on my car measuring before i order anything in the future.

Again, thanks

I found a better picture for you:
straightthroughMagnaflow.jpg

It's no longer on my car, I didn't care for the sound with the rear Magnaflow's. I replaced it with another glasspack.

Seriously, swap out the resonator for a glass pack. You'll get a nice sound out of the exhaust and a nice "rumble" too. If I had it to do over again, I would have left the exhaust alone. I got it with the stock mufflers and a glass pack and it sounded nice. There are a few guys here that have done the same thing, it's not expensive and it does sound good. I got no rasp either.

I wish I had a sound clip of my SVT before I did the Magnaflow mufflers so you could hear it.

damn shes fine..

i wish my girl had those sexy mufflers

BTW.... do you even drive that thing.... its sooooo clean :drool:

Thanks Mike. I do drive it, not a lot but it gets out from time to time.
I've put about 16,000 on it since I bought it in May of 03.

Hahaha, take the mufflers, I don't like them anyway. They're too quite for me.
That is going to be my next project... bye-bye Magnaflow.

Don't talk about my girl like that :mad:

Just kidding...that is why i love luca. Luca i don't know how many more times you have to raise the bar..my gf is way behind:crazy:

<3 you Harrry. :) How about I raise the bar one more time... we wash the mufflers each time we wash the car. :D

<3 you Harrry. :) How about I raise the bar one more time... we wash the mufflers each time we wash the car. :D

Wait...you jack the car up too wash the underside?? Wow....and i thought i was anal.....now you def raised the bar on me. :shocked:

No, I don't jack it up. I just slide under there and wash them.
My door jambs, hood and trunk undersides, inside the fuel door, etc. are waxed too. ;) My wheels are taken off at least twice a year, cleaned, waxed and put back on also. I'm kind of a freak about cleaning things. LOL!

Yep, we do wash the mufflers. Get with it Harrry, time to keep up. ;)

Her car is too quiet with those Magnaflow mufflers. I came home from work one day and Chris told me that she bought headers since the car was to quiet. I think that will be the next thing, a new exhaust. It was disappointing when they fired the car up after installing the new piping and mufflers. :(

Thanks Mike. I do drive it, not a lot but it gets out from time to time.
I've put about 16,000 on it since I bought it in May of 03.

Hahaha, take the mufflers, I don't like them anyway. They're too quite for me.
That is going to be my next project... bye-bye Magnaflow.

so... basically you do NOT drive it.

thats good they are quiet if they are going on my girlfriend:laugh:

My door jambs, hood and trunk undersides, inside the fuel door, etc. are waxed too. ;) My wheels are taken off at least twice a year, cleaned, waxed and put back on also. I'm kind of a freak about cleaning things. LOL!

I do everything you mentioned above. Okay...atleast we are on the same page now :)
Oh my svt's 18's are taken off while the car sits on stock se wheels. So i wax them probably like 5 times before they go back on. Since all they do is sit in my basement.:crazy:

Yep, we do wash the mufflers. Get with it Harrry, time to keep up. ;)
oh i'm up :)
I know i have washed my mufflers before....:crazy:. Because people always want to see my true duals but i have a power washer...so i just point the gun under my car and wash away.

crazy woman... :D

Back