• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Twin Turbo Contour

what about that guy with the noble? gotapex? what transmission was he using?? he was making lots of power with that thing.

It wouldnt require anything more special than a single turbo contour. A twin turbo contour wouldnt make anymore power than a single turbo contour, especially since the turbos would have to be tiny due to limited space under the hood.

Umm 600hp > 300hp :confused::confused::confused:

I'm pretty sure there would need to be extensive upgrades for this car to last at ALL.

x-type is the exact same wheel-base. but with all of the custom fabrication needed, it isnt worth it. end of story. just buy a mustang if you want power

Couple thoughts.

1. The contour has serious traction issues at even 200whp. 600whp is a waste of time and effort without significant other work to improve traction, like rwd conversion, or AWD conversion, or something of that magnitude.

2. Under the rear seat = fuel tank location, nobody in thier right mind would mount turbos there.

3. I just plain don't believe that anyone (aside from DeanJoyce maybe) would go through the effort to twin turbo a contour, especially considering that there is virtually ZERO technical benefit over a single turbo in the case of the contour platform.

Yeah what ever happened to DeanJoyce's twin turbo project? I know he recently sold the car but why/when did he stop w/ that?

when he realized that it was a lost cause. too much effort would be needed and he couldnt physically do it himself. his employees do a lot of work on his cars because of his handicap.

Couple thoughts.

1. The contour has serious traction issues at even 200whp. 600whp is a waste of time and effort without significant other work to improve traction, like rwd conversion, or AWD conversion, or something of that magnitude.

2. Under the rear seat = fuel tank location, nobody in thier right mind would mount turbos there.

3. I just plain don't believe that anyone (aside from DeanJoyce maybe) would go through the effort to twin turbo a contour, especially considering that there is virtually ZERO technical benefit over a single turbo in the case of the contour platform.

my car only makes 170hp at the crank and all i get is wheelspin ...... 600ponies, you would need some wide ass slicks

maybe it's just my tires....i hardly ever hook up, i have to ease onto the gas, or slip the clutch.......might just be the way i drive....balls to the wall

Now remember kids, Sgt. Slaughter says, "Twin turbos in a 'tour is ridiculous. It's okay--you were gullible and bought what that mechanic said. No big deal."

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

G.I. Joe!

Well regardless. Twin T-26 turbos isnt making 600 whp or even 400 whp for that matter. I believe these were the stock turbo's on the old MR2's.

And gotapex is using the stock Getrag 6 speed.

I ended up using a built one with an external oil cooler from the UK. Costs a good lump more than my engine did thanks to that @!#$#@$ exchange rate. :(

The CT26 was the turbo on the old MR2's. Two of those would support quite a bit of power.

If the turbos were that far back from the motor, wouldn't the turbo lag alone be not worth it?

Anyways, I think what we can all get out of this post is:
1) A twin-turbo, 600hp Monstour would be sweet
2) There's too much to go wrong to justify the initial cost
3) Why would someone THAT committed to their Contour never join CEG and post pix?

Cheers,
-The new guy

If the turbos were that far back from the motor, wouldn't the turbo lag alone be not worth it?

Anyways, I think what we can all get out of this post is:
1) A twin-turbo, 600hp Monstour would be sweet
2) There's too much to go wrong to justify the initial cost
3) Why would someone THAT committed to their Contour never join CEG and post pix?

Cheers,
-The new guy

1) Only if it were RWD or AWD...600 hp in a FWD Contour would probably run 15s at the track lol.
2) I agree
3) Probably because it never happened to begin with.

Ok,dumb question,but a guy on the 6 forum has a twin turbo 6 and one of his main problems was no tuning availible.Are the chassis's that different between the Contour and the 6?

Back