• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Easy Used Car Dents Removal

im gonna try this weekend, first try to beat the crease out then use this method to get the rest of the dent out, i'll throw some pics up soon.

a lot of it will depend on how long the dent has been in the metal. if it just happened then this method will have a higher chance of working. if it happened a while ago then the metal has already taken the new shape of the dent and there is a slim chance this will work.

what makes you think that? the dents pop out because the surrounding metal you apply the cold to shrinks, pulling it out.

i'm no metal worker...but as far as i know, metal can always be reshaped. unless it's just been fatigued enough to break when you start messing with it, but that's obviously not the case.

I have yet to give this a shot. I threw out two old cans of CO2 a month ago because they were near empty. Today would be perfect weather, or Friday. It's supposed to be 72 during the weekend. :cool:

how big were the dents? i think it has to be a pretty good size to work at all.

i'm gunna try it on a pretty decent sized dent this weekend, i'll take some pics.

since it's on a door, if this doesn't work i'm just gunna take off the door panel and try to punch it out.

how big were the dents? i think it has to be a pretty good size to work at all.

i'm gunna try it on a pretty decent sized dent this weekend, i'll take some pics.

since it's on a door, if this doesn't work i'm just gunna take off the door panel and try to punch it out.

Yeah, they've got to be bigger dents to work. I tried on small little dings and there is no way they were budging. Small dings are just too tight to be reworked like that. Guess I'll have to buckle down for paintless ding repair one of these days :blackeye: (not the SZ 07 kind either)

Back