• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LUK clutch failure

Joe, thats interesting. How many springs are in the disk of the kits that people are getting? The SVT disk had 8 springs where as the SE has 4.

95k OEM SE Disk

DSC05359.JPG

NEW OEM SVT Disk

DSC05360.JPG

Last edited:
so it isn't completely a SE disk then. I know I emailed Luk before and they don't make the "heavy duty" clutch that they once did anymore. This was when i was looking for a replacement clutch for my Spec stage 3+.

WOw, there are actually more differences than I knew of....

Even though LUK made both, you can see the differences clearly. Rivits, springs, spacing of the rivits from the face to the friction material etc....

Oh, I didn't see that in your post about it being a Sachs clutch..... :ponder:

Here is a pic of an OEM LUK E0 clutch disc. It only has 4 springs:

2-23-2011001.jpg

I don't have a straight on shot, but here is another angle showing only 4 springs:

edit: picture is not clear enough :blackeye:

Learn something new every day. I almost bought an LuK clutch as a replacement too. Maybe at one point they did actually sell the OEM SVT clutch and now use a different design similar to the SE clutch (which was Sachs)?

these replacements still have 8 springs ppl......

Can someone host a few pics for me?

I'm away from my computer all day today :D sorry bro

Last edited:
If you do whatever he asks you to do everytime, he will always bother you! :laugh: ;) You can say "no" Beans.

Last edited:
Back