• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

looky what i found :)

haha. yeah, the burns cover about 80% of the car. and the interior was all burned to the floor. i missed that the first time i saw that as well :laugh:

well i went back there today and got the calipers and LIM. didnt have the right tools to get the struts off. got everything off except the nut on top. what do i use to get that stupid thing off? oh... btw, the car had a rear strut tower brace on it. i'm gonna grab that when i go back

how do i go about taking them off? is that pulley pressed on there? i had the valve covers off and was trying to get them out. it eventually got way too cold and i left early

i took it but its pretty bad, huge cracks everywhere. no pieces of plastic missing though.

so will someone tell me how to remove the top nut on the front struts?

its just a metric nut.... I cant remember what size though.. you may need to bring a breaker bar if you cant lug in air tools.

its not just a metric nut. i need an 8mm allen wrench to hold the middle while i unscrew the nut. i have no idea how.

as for the vin, its almost completely melted on the dash. you can only make out a few numbers on the vin plate. i'll pop it off and bring it home next time i go out there

btw, the car also has the svt struts with lowering springs that look to be in fantastic shape. i'm also picking up all the calipers tomorrow. $5 a caliper and $15 for each strut assembly.

If the springs are cheap grab 'em!

Also, be sure you rebuild those calipers if you're gonna throw 'em on your car... Especially with them sitting around for so long. I reubilt the E0's that are on my car... Should be around $20-$25 for rebuild kits. E0/E1 rebuild kits are the same. One of mine looked perfect, the other had a little scoring. Nothing a little crocus cloth and a new seal didn't fix though ;)

It may be worth pulling the tranny. Unless the guy that had it babied it. It more than likely has a limited slip diff in it...

EDIT: Bill, I may be heading out your way!

Last edited:
Just buy the whole car and strip completely, you have the potential to make quite a bit of change off of that car.

here is the last we'll ever see of her. i watched her get crushed this afternoon :cry:

deadsvt.jpg

yes i did. it came to $64 for all of the cams. thats the most i've ever spent in that junkyard. just shoot me a reasonable offer.

i went back to buy it for myself and someone beat the crap out of it. you cant tell by the pic, but its got huge cracks everywhere. it would take a LOT of work to fix it.

Back