• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shelby GT 500

That is a sweet commercial!!

I love the other mustang commercial, the father and son one in the parking lot (doing burnouts). The "this is not a toy" one.

very cool. too bad you cant really hear the blower whine that much on a stock shelby. but cool for the commercial nonetheless.

anyone notice the Carrera GT get the hell out of the way! :laugh:

Anyone notice the SVT on the tach lighting up at redline? :cool:
orig.jpg

standard.jpg

That is a sweet commercial!!

I love the other mustang commercial, the father and son one in the parking lot (doing burnouts). The "this is not a toy" one.

i hate that commercial. Who in their right mind would teach the child to drive in a high horsepower car?

Yeah that is not a child and I don't think they're teaching anybody to drive. They're just having fun. And wasn't that just a GT? I'd teach my kid to drive in one if I had one (a mustang or a kid).

Yeah that is not a child and I don't think they're teaching anybody to drive. They're just having fun. And wasn't that just a GT? I'd teach my kid to drive in one if I had one (a mustang or a kid).

When i was learning how to drive i drove my dad's GT. It helped me learn how to drive stick than just driving the CSVT. I havent driven it since though.

Funny under what circumstances we get exposed to high horsepower cars. Aside from my Cuda, until I got a job at a local Ford dealer in the early 70's, I hadn't driven anything with any real horsepower/torque until I drove some 428 and 429 Cobra Jet Torinos/Mustangs although I did manage to get a Boss 302 a little sideways in the alley behind the dealership one time. A bit too much throttle me thinks but I was just checking out my carburetor rebuild. :laugh:
Karl

Back