• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking at 8" Subs for rear deck install, need help please

I have to plasma cut the rear deck and beef it up with another layer of sheet metal, probably like 11-12 gauge steel

I thought so, but I thought I would ask anyways. I decided to buy based upon what I read, plus, I need to get to installing my system before SZ...

I will be starting this soon. I have to change my alternator and finish a couple odds and ends. I might go with a sealed box, just seems like I will get the best bang for the buck and keep the rear deck from flexing too much.

I will be starting this soon. I have to change my alternator and finish a couple odds and ends. I might go with a sealed box, just seems like I will get the best bang for the buck and keep the rear deck from flexing too much.

Fiberglass a box for it....that would make it look good!

While you're working on it, take pictures. I'd love some pics of what's going on in the install before I dive into something like this.

Yeah I wouldnt mind seeing something like this attached to the rear deck. Excuse the crude drawing. The ends are supposed to be boxes, they are not supposed to be open on the top like that.

|_|___|_|

two boxes on each end with a shelf in the middle. The amp(s) would go in the middle shelf whiile the subs would be on the outside boxes.

I will take pictures for sure. It shouldn't be too bad to make and the speakers are pretty shallow also. I have a few ideas.

So I have been thinking about how to start this.

I was looking on craigslist for a "truck speaker box" for two 8" speakers. I did find one for $30 but it is gone.

Wouldn't it be the easiest to take a truck box, mount it under the rear deck(pending size) and go that route? OR should I just start from scratch and make my box....?

So I have been thinking about how to start this.

I was looking on craigslist for a "truck speaker box" for two 8" speakers. I did find one for $30 but it is gone.

Wouldn't it be the easiest to take a truck box, mount it under the rear deck(pending size) and go that route? OR should I just start from scratch and make my box....?

Start from scratch and build the correct size box for the particular sub you're using.

yeah, so..... :D

It will be done for SZ hopefully. It is the last thing on my list.

Car is good now, megafuse and all that other shiz.

I started taking out the rear deck carpet and getting my wires up there. For now, I will just be mounting the speakers to the rear deck with some reinforcements so it doesn't wiggle so much. If I don't like it, I can always change it to a sealed box setup later. Pics soon, hopefully.

Back