• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

AZ 3L builders ??

beedalahi

CEG'er
so i have my car sitting at home and was wondering if there were anyone in AZ thats familiar with 3L upgrades.

apparently i broke my crankshaft gear

I wonder if they're both in the Phoenix area? Crazy two people have CSVT's sitting because of the same problem. Is ADC familiar with building 3L?

They've only done 2.5L build-ups... but then again, it's not like they're really that different.

Ah... Keith told me he hadn't dyno tuned any 3L's. I guess I assumed that meant they hadn't don't any swaps either.

Didn't Tom (Warmonger) dyno his NA 3L there when he lived in Arizona?

Buckshot77 used to build 3L's for ADC, but that stopped for some reason a little while ago..... IIRC.

Buckshot ended on his own, too busy. Keith has built several 3L. I don't believe he will just install one out of a bone yard though. I think that it's like 1 in 4 that come in are good so he goes through them first. He does great work, but it's not always the speediest work. Be prepared to wait for it, but it will be right or he will fix it.

He does great work, but it's not always the speediest work. Be prepared to wait for it, but it will be right or he will fix it.

This is exactly what I've heard from others that have dealt with ADC. I know if I were in Arizona and didn't want to do my own work, ADC is the first choice of places I would use.

Other than ADC, I think any of the local 3L swaps were done by the owners (which aren't around anymore). Since I need to pull my tranny, I was preparing to do the 3L swap... but now I'm thinking about turboing the 2.5L instead.

Ah... btw, what part of AZ are you in? You should come to some of the meets.

I would come out to some of the meet's if i knew where they were at....I would like to hang out an meet some you guy's. keep my posted on where going to be an i will make it out. I'm wat out in the west valley.

With the exception of me (northeast Phoenix) and TheFordGuy (Tucson), I think everyone else is on the west side.

That would be cool if we can all meet up. At least before it starts getting hot.

Back