• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Letting others drive your Contour....

The Valvoline quick-lube place at the end of my street lets the owners drive the car into the shop and sit in it while the service is being done. Was pretty cool, though frightening to be driving over the open pit the first time.

You let your girlfriend drive your car? What are you nuts!??

Well my old girlfriend did my new girl doesnt know how to drive a stick i will have to teach her..Now my old girlfriend looked good driving the SVT just didnt know how to get on it when needed..

A friend of mine worked at a Honda dealership and they drove the crap out of every nice car that came in.

Wrong. I'd respect their property and want to keep my job enough not to.
You say that now, but get in the position and you'd do the same thing. Not noone in our shop ain't not never revved up an engine or got on it during a test drive,etc. And I didn't mean tear anything up. Just getting on it for the most part.... Though that one time we raced a customer's car against an employee's car could have resulted in some yelling at by management.:crazy: And I really realllly don't care if I lose my crappy job.

You say that now, but get in the position and you'd do the same thing. Not noone in our shop ain't not never revved up an engine or got on it during a test drive,etc. And I didn't mean tear anything up. Just getting on it for the most part.... Though that one time we raced a customer's car against an employee's car could have resulted in some yelling at by management.:crazy: And I really realllly don't care if I lose my crappy job.

Tell us where you work so we never go there. I have been in a position of driving other people's expensive cars many times and I have enough self control not to be reckless or irresponsible. Seriously man, you have some growing up to do. You'll learn.

Last edited:
When i worked at the chevy dealer we'd always race the cars we were prepping, no one owned them....yet. So no problems :laugh: The SS's are ok, but the impala sucks for traction, the awd ss trailblazer launches pretty good, cobalt...meh

The Valvoline quick-lube place at the end of my street lets the owners drive the car into the shop and sit in it while the service is being done. Was pretty cool, though frightening to be driving over the open pit the first time.
That's most likely so you don't see what they're doing... or rather, what they're not doing. Many Q-lubes have been caught not replacing filters and stuff (they might wipe them off though, so they *look* new).

You say that now, but get in the position and you'd do the same thing.

I've never been abusive to other peoples property, car or otherwise. Typically, I'll return things in better shape than when I borrowed them. It's the way I was raised, so I recon we can chalk it up to up-bringin'.

Not noone in our shop ain't not never revved up an engine or got on it during a test drive,etc.

Crap, man! The dirty souf is comin' out - BIG TIME.

My wife will rarely take my car, but I don't like it. I don't even like the alignment shop taking it for a post-alignment drive... I tell them not to do the pre-alignment drive though.

What I hate is when I'm working on my car and seeing something that's not right or broken... and wondering if it happened while someone else was driving it.

I think we actually agreed to drive eachother's cars... wich we have yet to do. but still. I think I'd let you :p

Back