• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Letting others drive your Contour....

Only 1 or 2 people have driven my Contour. Mostly because it's a stick, and that's ok with me. My old girl is set in her ways and probably couldn't take the shock of a different driving style.

I let my friend drive my car the other day and he poo shifted it up, my friends and couldn't stop laughing at him, and hes got an m3 too lol what a cheese, but other than that no one drives my car, i just got back from vacation and i found out my mom drove my car, the e-brake is broken and its always in gear, the first time she drove it boom boom right into the curb now the left front of my bumper by the foglight is f'd up and the suspension feels out of whack like she hit oddles and oddles of pot holes:nonono: , i'm very disapointed in my mom, she said i have a very nice car tho :shrug:

If ya'll worked at a shop, ya'll would have a little fun in some people's cars too (I got some stories, but I think I'll keep em to myself). Now a stock/near stock svt, not many grease monkeys are gonna care about playing with. The thing to do though is find a shop that won't tear your car up since most all are gonna atleast get on it.

I remember someone posting that they let a friend drive there car, and they were getting on the freeway or something and his buddy was just running through the gears, screamin at the top of 3rd (about 90mph), went to grab 4th, got 2nd, very high RPM's...Boom.

Yes, this is a place that I have been doing business with for years, I take my fleet of personal vehicles to them. I feel taken advantage of, like some sort of crack whore (can you type whore on this website?) who didnt get paid. I should have said initially. No road tests without me being there, period. So maybe its my fault. So now I'm blaming myself, like a battered wife.

I just feel so sick inside. It hurts.

I havn't let anyone drive my car yet... i would if i was in the right mood, and in the car. but i thought i was the only one really wierd/protective about people driving my car.

i hate taking it to the car wash and having them drive it from the hand-wash bay to the drying/detailing bay. just that short distance i watch every move they make. see if they stall it, ride the clutch, try and rev it to listen to the exhaust, or anything else! :laugh: yah im wierd but i love my car, and i fear others wont respect it as i do!

My wife will rarely take my car, but I don't like it. I don't even like the alignment shop taking it for a post-alignment drive... I tell them not to do the pre-alignment drive though.

What I hate is when I'm working on my car and seeing something that's not right or broken... and wondering if it happened while someone else was driving it.

Like...you'd change the radio stations?

Under normal circumstances i would never mess with someone's car, not even move the seat, i'd turn down the volume if it was up, that was it.

But when a guy comes in accusing us of things we didn't do, started calling everyone names, and threated to have us fired, when he had no way to have it done, well that guy wanted his car delivered to his house because he didn't want to have to come back to get it. It was a C5 Z06, I delivered it, We took dirt (cause he lived of a short dirt road, but needless to say, every light, was a christmas tree.

I personally dont let people drive my car..Or work on it..I only let one person work on it and now i regret it, Im fixing there screw up..Only my 2 good friends have drove my car and my girlfriend..

i am just soooooo glad that I have a good private shop work on my car. They invite me back to the garage and see what is going on, let me help if I want, etc.

wow, its just a freaking car, Shoot i let peple drive my car all the time.

Cool! I want to take it for a spin then!

I dunno...i used to be fanatical about other people driving my car. I never let Valets do it (probably still wouldn't though...just have seen too many bad things happen). The fact that it was stick pretty much eliminated friends/family from driving it though. I let a friend drive it once when i was drunk. Honestly, the only person to drive the car other than me was a parking garage attendant at this club in the city. Used to go there every week. I dunno why but i trusted him. He always used to tell me he liked my car. And he always reserved a spot for me.

As the car got older, i didn't care as much i guess...but like i said most people couldn't drive it anyway.

Some people are a bit more passionate about their cars then you. :shrug:

You have got to be kidding me with that remark, I love my EVO but at the end of a day its still a car, I wouldnt just let anyone drive my car its gotta be someone i know, but if one of my friends wants to drive it and they know how to drive a stick im all for it..I know that they probley wont get the chance other wise, Might as well let them so they can Say, i drove an EVO before:cool:

Cool! I want to take it for a spin then!

Chris if we ever get the chance to meet i will let you take her for a spin:laugh:

Back