• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lets start a "lets see that engine bay" thread

Most recent pic I have, Not the greatest pic b/c is focus is the IMRC cover. More polished and blue accents to come...

24nm9f6.jpg

This is pretty much where I'm at right now. I have painted the Pudmunkie shield black, added some new trim to it, and added a battery hold down since this photo.

CD494C07-DA36-4958-8C5C-36A7794D6733-4190-00000261DEB10DB7_zps43ab27c5.jpg

243K+ miles on the chassis. Engine and trans got rebuilt about 10K ago along with a new transfer case after the stock output shaft finally stripped the splines. During the trans rebuild I had a 300M output shaft installed (same material as F1 axles) to prevent it from ever happening again. It now has a pair of TD04H-16T turbos, 450cc injectors, Supra 320LPH fuel pump, Evo MAF, and a "Chrome" 99 flashable ECU. Im hitting just under 200 load at ~18PSI which should be near that 400AWHP mark. :drool:

243K+ miles on the chassis. Engine and trans got rebuilt about 10K ago along with a new transfer case after the stock output shaft finally stripped the splines. During the trans rebuild I had a 300M output shaft installed (same material as F1 axles) to prevent it from ever happening again. It now has a pair of TD04H-16T turbos, 450cc injectors, Supra 320LPH fuel pump, Evo MAF, and a "Chrome" 99 flashable ECU. Im hitting just under 200 load at ~18PSI which should be near that 400AWHP mark. :drool:

how's the fuel economy at those numbers?

Not bad with a viscous coupler gobbling up fuel.

wish it was feasible to shove a dsg center diff from a later evo into a 3kgt...

eh, the viscous center unit only really does anything when there is a speed difference between the front and rear axles (so like when im out playing in the snow ;)).

SCE does make a Torsen center diff, but its crazy expensive at $2500
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xlwhun5mkeclrqo/nmHz6UfQnL

plus the Quaife front LSD for another $1000
http://supercar-engineering.com/sc2/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=232

those 2 combined with a rear LSD completely change the characteristics of the car. of course, as it is it goes anywhere in the winter without issue, even with just all season tires. Snow tires make them almost unstoppable.

Back