• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lets see you Motobike

...but, honestly, for price and overall value/quality, plain ole Honda Shadow Spirit 750 probably wins. It's lower, bigger tank, shaft drive, bigger front wheel, more power (but heavier :( ). (vs. Kawasaki Vulcan 900 custom, or Suzuki Boulevard S50, or Yamaha V Star Custom).

Can you believe that this started out as a shadow 750?

Photo_042109_001.jpg

Photo_042109_002.jpg

I really want this bike....'03 Suzuki SV1000S with 12k on it, family friend is selling it...my mommy won't let me have a bike :cry:

10125_269962730654_772090654_9138853_315062_n.jpg

how old are you 12?

when i was 16 my mom didnt let me get a bike... but i bought one anyways. she got over it, untill i bought the FZR1000, then she got over it again.

3 years later... shes begging my dad to buy one for them again.

used to have a 1977 Honda XL125 enduro. ran like 95% of the time. paid 300, sold it not running for 350. Probably wont get another bike though because of work. Towing in wrecked bikes sucks ass, blood and other stuff on the road if its bad enough.

I'm 18. My mom hates anything that endangers my life. My step dad has known how to ride his whole life and has a 350 dual sport dirtbike now...but he hates me and won't let me ride it. I'm sure if me and my stepdad got along and he let me ride, my mom would have no problem with it...but that's not the case. I know how to ride, she just doesn't believe me. I've riden several bikes before, I know how to clutch and shift (both standard and GP style), and I've riden race tuned dirt bikes at highway speeds that probably have a stronger power band then half the liter bikes out there. I'm not scared of bikes, but I also know that they aren't toys....if only I could convince my mom that I'm ready for a bike :cry:

well, winter is comming up. in the spring, buy a bike when she isnt home. go riding. when you know she is home, ride there. when she sees that you rode home and that you do know how to ride, she will get over it. And since your stepdad has a bike you know shes not against them, just wants you safe.

Trust me, she will get over it. Just dont get a rocket for your first bike. get something that doesnt look fast/dangerous.

There is a lot of advice being thrown around in this thread now. I hope that it is not completely taken to heart. There are ways to deal with disagreements and ways not to.

If you care to hear advice from someone who has been riding street bikes since age 17, here it is:

Arm yourself with facts if a discussion about the topic is possible. There is a lot out there to show the benefits of riding and dismiss the common uneducated opinions of the dangers of riding. There are reasons why old bikers live to be old and still ride. There are also plenty of reasons why SQUIDs and RUBs tend to go the other way.

Ther are things you can do to prove yourself outside of the direct aquisition of a bike such as taking an MSF course, getting your license, getting proper gear, etc...

If not, be patient. You can always keep trying when you can find opportune times. Plan out when to talk about it as timing can be everything.

If all else fails, you will be out of the house in less than a year. I hope that you do get around to making two wheels a part of your life as there is not much else quite like it.

lets see your motorcycle
post a pic year, make, and model

Dusting off an old thread...

2008 Honda CBR 1000RR. I bought it brand new in 2009 and have done a few mods to it since then. It was originally mostly red/silver. The pic was taken about a week ago.

P4220299_zpsa258c479.jpg

My new to me motorcycle, my first ever and i love it:
2001 Honda Shadow Spirit 750DC-A
Things done on it are the LED front and rear blinkers, along with the cateye tailight and plate bracket, Cobra exhaust, ebay mirrors and wider front and rear tires. Only upcoming and final mods are a Slipstream windshield (small to not change the look much but help with wind) and either forward controls or kuryakyn switchblade foot pegs.

59u328.jpg

2l1dfp.jpg

24cbn1u.jpg

Here's my 1982 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk I picked up a couple of years ago. 100 bucks, non running, sat for 10 years.
IMG_20130418_085100_zps13c7fafe.jpg

Nice! After posting in here back in 09 about saying I wouldn't get another bike, I bought a 1985 Honda CB450 Nighthawk. Really pretty bike. Had it for about 2 years and sold it.

Nice! After posting in here back in 09 about saying I wouldn't get another bike, I bought a 1985 Honda CB450 Nighthawk. Really pretty bike. Had it for about 2 years and sold it.
Yup, I remember seeing it in the classifieds! I think it was maroon or something? I've been pretty happy with it as a starter bike. I wanted something to learn on that wasn't a harley and wasn't a crotch rocket. This fit the bill nicely. The "bike crowd" is a funny scene. You either get people that think it's cool and appreciate seeing something old and different or you get people that will say "let me show you a REAL bike" and pull out a pic of their Harley. I guess its not much different than driving a contour or xr4ti haha

Back