• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lets see you Motobike

CRGkart44

Is Cruising For A Bruising
i miss my bike, i hate winter

lets see your motorcycle
post a pic year, make, and model

1982 Honda CM450 Custom... cost me all of $400 and a few hours of work with 14k on it(has a rear back rest and rack)
l_3c406b33e6fdb22e5f7c100c8e6fea41.jpg

l_8ac10a3ab4f0942ac1f230b842a022f4.jpg

Not mine, but one day I may learn to ride it. All original from 1974 with the exception of the fairing. The sound is one of a kind.

well my first bike was a 1960's Gilera the shifter and the rear brake are swapped and u were luck if u could get it up to 60, and it took leaded fuel... this was my fathers first bike and he bought it when he was 16 years old it was his first bike... when he went in to the navy at 18 he stored it with a empty tank and new oil... when he was 40 or so he got it out of storage changed the oil and put gas in the tank and new battery we kicked it over a couple of times and it started right up and we have been driving it around from that day on.. the only thing was he lost the muffler so we used a vacuum pipe for the muffler..:laugh:
(sorry for the story but i love this bike.. i am trying to restore it!!)
n70602903_30026845_90.jpg

next is my first and only road bike.. a 1974 Kawasaki triple 400, my brother decided to race a ford falcon and we did not have the oil to gas mixture 100% right, and he seized the number one cylinder.. so me and my brother went half on it and bought new pistons and had it re-bored... and it keeps on running.... and yes she is a two stroke.. god i love driving it in the morning there is just huge amounts of smoke.. :laugh:
n70602903_30026846_240.jpg

and my work in progress.. a 1970 Honda express.. my sister in law's brother left a tank of gas in there for 20 years and i have to rebuild the carb and clean the fuel lines and tank and find a battery for it.. i am about half way done with it..
n70602903_30026847_394.jpg

I would love to get my mitts on that triumph...

1986 Honda Rebel 250, bought a year ago Dec:

rebel1.jpg

I tinkered a couple of months & spring of last year...about $800 total:

Image000-7.jpg

Image011-2.jpg

A local guy has a 1964 all original Honda Dream that I may pick up in a couple months, runs, good chrome, even has the saddlebags. I'm actually just considering decorating my garage with these at this point.

There's just always been something about those Magnas that looks proportionally off to my eye. Still a cool bike. Here's mine:

2002 Yamaha V-Star Classic Silverado
1100cc
22,000 miles (I've only put on the last 500 or so)
Crash bars, windshield, floorboards, Vance & Hines pipes, Corbin touring seat, saddle bags.
img00231at2.jpg

img00209cm4.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality. Cell phone is all I've had to snap pics with so far. I've only been riding about four months. Prior to the V-Star I was riding a roommate's Suzuki GZ250. He let me use it to get comfortable on a bike and make sure I really liked riding before dropping a few bills on a bike of my own.

The GZ:
img00171ni4.jpg

I'm considering picking up my buddy's '99 Honda Shadow ACE 1100. If I do that, I'll clean it up, fix some niggling issues, then sell the V-Star. I also have a line on some surplus Dallas PD bikes. 1500cc Kawasakis with full fairings and hard bags. That would then give me the Kawasaki for road trips, and the Shadow for local jaunts.

There's just always been something about those Magnas that looks proportionally off to my eye. Still a cool bike.

Yeah, you're right. I thought the same thing when looking at the Honda brochures. The wheelbase vs. wheel diameter just looks strange. But then you ride it; 550 lbs with fluids, low to mid 12s in the 1/4, great handling...

I'd love to ride an old V65 Magna, 10.9 in the 1/4. The Honda Vmax.

Yeah, you're right. I thought the same thing when looking at the Honda brochures. The wheelbase vs. wheel diameter just looks strange. But then you ride it; 550 lbs with fluids, low to mid 12s in the 1/4, great handling...

I'd love to ride an old V65 Magna, 10.9 in the 1/4. The Honda Vmax.

The V65 Sabre was the "standard" version with the same 1100cc V4 engine...I'm keeping my eyes peeled on CraigsList for one of those to pop up near me. When it does, it's mine.

Here's my bike:

%5BIMG_0823.jpg%5D.jpg

%5BIMG_0817.jpg%5D.jpg

And after some work and plenty of eBay:

IMG_0996.jpg

I wish Spring would hurry up and get here.

I wish Spring would hurry up and get here.

My daily rider is my 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Triple, 2 stroke. I found it about a year ago ,it was sitting in a storage room for about 12 years. I did the oil change ,fresh gas, plugs, etc , and 4 kicks later, it came back to life. I've cleaned it up quite a bit last spring and summer, I'm always doing something to it. I enjoy working on it almost as much as riding it. Heres 3 pics of it, the day I got it (Jan 8/08) and what it looks like as of now.:cool:
I'm working on two more bikes at the moment, I picked up a 83' Yamaha Maxim 650 and a dirt bike for my kids, its a 1972 Kawasaki G5 100 2 stroke.
COME ON SPRING!! WE WANT TO RIDE!!
justgotitJan2008.jpg

DSCI1371.jpg

:censored:
NEWPAINTWOW.jpg

Not mine, but one day I may learn to ride it. All original from 1974 with the exception of the fairing. The sound is one of a kind.
Thats a nice Suzuki Water Buffalo you have there. Those triples are awesome. I saw about 4 of them a few weeks ago at the Toronto Motorcycle Show. I have some pics of them. I ride a 1972 Kawasaki Triple. I just put some pics of it on here.
Hang on to it, big collectors bike.
Cheers,
Boomer

well my first bike was a 1960's Gilera the shifter and the rear brake are swapped and u were luck if u could get it up to 60, and it took leaded fuel... this was my fathers first bike and he bought it when he was 16 years old it was his first bike... when he went in to the navy at 18 he stored it with a empty tank and new oil... when he was 40 or so he got it out of storage changed the oil and put gas in the tank and new battery we kicked it over a couple of times and it started right up and we have been driving it around from that day on.. the only thing was he lost the muffler so we used a vacuum pipe for the muffler..:laugh:
(sorry for the story but i love this bike.. i am trying to restore it!!)
n70602903_30026845_90.jpg

next is my first and only road bike.. a 1974 Kawasaki triple 400, my brother decided to race a ford falcon and we did not have the oil to gas mixture 100% right, and he seized the number one cylinder.. so me and my brother went half on it and bought new pistons and had it re-bored... and it keeps on running.... and yes she is a two stroke.. god i love driving it in the morning there is just huge amounts of smoke.. :laugh:
n70602903_30026846_240.jpg

and my work in progress.. a 1970 Honda express.. my sister in law's brother left a tank of gas in there for 20 years and i have to rebuild the carb and clean the fuel lines and tank and find a battery for it.. i am about half way done with it..
n70602903_30026847_394.jpg
:censored:I know what you mean with the Kawasaki Triple, I own the 72' Kawasaki H2 750.:censored:

2000 Honda CBR600 F4.....it's my first bike and I just gotta say that there is no better feeling than being out on the bike on a warm summers day enjoying the countryside scenery....pure enjoyment for me. It's almost therapeutic in a way.

wmm7uv.jpg

Bikes I'm working on

Bikes I'm working on

When I see a good deal on a bike I try to get it, I like fixing them up and selling them. I just picked up a 1983 Yamaha Maxim for $150 about 2 -3 weeks ago. It has been sitting in this carport for about 2 years. Thankfully he drain the gas from the tank and carbs so that made my job a little easier. Anyways, I did my stuff to it and got it running, just put a 4 into 1 MAC Header on it also that I picked up on Kijiji.
I'm also putting together a 1972 Kawasaki G5 100, 2 stroke for my kids. I found that on a Kawasaki site for free. All it needs now to get it running is a ignition coil. Here are a couple of pics of the two bikes the day we got them.
I wish spring would hurry up.:crazy:
Cheers,
:censored: :censored:Boomer
PICT0001-1.jpg

DSCI1468.jpg

Back