• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ksport coilovers

grahamb

CEG'er
Anyone using these i saw them on ebay and on a another website ultrarev.com, but they are pretty inexpensive at around 800 and its a full damper. i know a few ppl with ksports on the thier 240sx's , just wondering if anyone has them.

no I dont think anyones tried them [I know none of the cougar guys have]. You may want to hit up the mondeo guys.

eitherway, they look like respectable units and comperable to the D2's. If I was you, I'd find out the spring rates before buying them.

See if your connection with the CEO can get me dyno curves on these shocks, because i can't get the technical support guys to call me back.

Any reason you're putting up that link? LOL!
just showing the price i found them for, ill see if i can find out about the dyno curve thing for you, who knows maybe i can try to work out something with a group buy

I did some searching around yesterday, and actually chatted w/ one of the tech support guys too. They said they didn't have any shock dyno data, but if I gave them the parameters I was looking for, they would run them . . . not sure I believe them, but I'm going to talk to my buddy that is a Veh. Dynamics engineer to double check what conditions I should specify.
Also, after looking around, I am now pretty sure that Ksport and D2 coilovers are from the same manufacturer, and are simply different colors.

FWIW Pudmunkie got a hold of a guy at Ksport and they stated these are the same as the D2. Sucks to be the guys that were in the GB for $1200. :blackeye:

I might just give these a shot. I need new struts and these wouldn't be too much mor than koni's

FWIW Pudmunkie got a hold of a guy at Ksport and they stated these are the same as the D2. Sucks to be the guys that were in the GB for $1200. :blackeye:

No, I got ahold of a guy at Ksport who denied they were the same as D2's.

They strut and perch etc design seem to be the same, as do many other products offered by Ksport and D2 (for other cars). The valving inside is probably the same too. Rara and I are betting that its the same manf. of parts, just re-branded

Ksport said that their springs were linear, and from what Ive read the D2's are progressive.

Ive been planning on picking up a set of Ksports, im just waiting for the right time.

Oh I thought you got a email confirming they were the same? Maybe i was drunk reading it.

Ive emailed several places, and ultra rev or whoever they are seem to have the best price. 40% off retail.

According to 'ray' with ultrarev they sell tons of ksport kits for the contour... Im not sure how much I believe that.

Ill probably pick a set up later this year and see how they work out, my only concern is the tire to spring clearance like the D2's

I was very close to buying a set for my sentra last week. I have since then decided to put that money into my contour instead. I autocross my sentra frequently, and have talked to people who autocross their sentra's on these. So far I've heard nothing but good things about the ksports. Both reliability and performance. Nothing spectacular though. As for my contour, I wouldn't replace my koni/gc setup for these.

Back