• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

Things aren't looking so good for Ginger....I'm guessing head gasket....thoughts?

Briana001.jpg

rrr009.jpg

rrr008.jpg

rrr007.jpg

rrr006.jpg

rrr005.jpg

rrr004.jpg

rrr012.jpg

rrr011.jpg

Alternator is seized up too...and i sold my only spare...

Currently, baring any magnificent changes in the situation:

It's looking like this is the end of the line for Ginger....

Right now i'm figuring on driving BLKOUT2 thru it's first winter, and stripping ginger for parts, the car is too far gone to save unfortunatly. The chassis will be used for mock up of another project i have waiting in the wings that will be transferred to BLKOUT2 when completed. This isn't the worst thing ever as ginger will donate the parts needed to fix NEWSVTs 3L i bought and provide me with a mock up chassis i don't have to be gentile with...

BLKOUT2 will get the two-tone interior in spring along with the system I'm developing on this chassis.

I'm just glad i'm not TOO far into this car money wise. Everything i put into it with the exception of the windshield can be salvaged.

Last edited:
Josh

Look at that last pic again. The oil is above the headgasket and just flows down. It looks like cam seals possibly? I can't remember what is all under the front timing chain cover. before assuming a head gasket job pull that cover and check the seals. Maybe it just baked the seals....is the water pump original? I'm assuming you already pulled the motor apart? Sorry I missed your call I was at work already. 6pm-6am yo. I'm off today and tomorrow I'm not going in til later 8-10pm. I do work all weekend though :( yee ha

Looks juicy, that is too bad.
You really are not going to save it? The body is nice, repainted, but nice enough.

So will you be using the wire harness for NEWSVT's t-red that you now have?

Good luck. Let me know when you are letting parts go because I see some already ;).

So will you be using the wire harness for NEWSVT's t-red that you now have?

ginger will donate the parts needed to fix NEWSVTs 3L i bought

The body is nice, repainted, but nice enough.

Unfortunately it's not....nice enough for a beater/daily for a few years, but the body is rusting out under the paint, and the re-spray is flaking off. Don't worry this chassis is going to be used for a very special project...it won't be "wasted".

Unfortunately it's not....nice enough for a beater/daily for a few years, but the body is rusting out under the paint, and the re-spray is flaking off. Don't worry this chassis is going to be used for a very special project...it won't be "wasted".

I think I know which project... and if it is what I'm thinking... I can't wait!!!

What if you're able to get a replacement engine and alternator for cheaper money than the cost of fixing what you have now - would you reconsider keeping the car as a dd?
not that I have any leads on such things, I'm just curious.

What if you're able to get a replacement engine and alternator for cheaper money than the cost of fixing what you have now - would you reconsider keeping the car as a dd?

Highly doubt it. Life will be much easier this way anyway and will allow me to make a lot better progress this winter on my other 2 projects. As of right now, I'm going to my dad's shop next Saturday to swap out BLKOUT2's suspension and some other parts for the winter. There's a car wash nearby that sprays the under body, so I'll just have to make sure i washer it regularly and i think it'll be OK for one winter.

I wanted to swap the two-tone into BLKOUT2 anyway, so i guess now i have a good excuse....I also have a lot of parts sitting hare that were for this project i can liquidate to recover my investment and then some, so at least the car didn't take anything from me.

It sucks thinking of not finishing it, but the benefits of it ending this way WAY outweigh the costs of finishing it....

All along the way this car has thrown me the middle finger, and every time i (with help) got past it, but this is just too much.

ever think more seriously on finding a used Subie? I know you mentioned it a few times before..

You'd love the amount of bang for your buck you can get in regards to mods... its silly sick how much power you can make without dropping wads of cash...

ever think more seriously on finding a used Subie? I know you mentioned it a few times before..

You'd love the amount of bang for your buck you can get in regards to mods... its silly sick how much power you can make without dropping wads of cash...

I'm planning on buying an Escape for a daily around February. No Subie for me just yet.

aircougar has a low mile SVT engine, but then you have to deal with shipping, etc .....

aircougar has a low mile SVT engine, but then you have to deal with shipping, etc .....

I am sure someone can bring an engine to SZ and you just grab it from there and bring'r home with us..... I might have room for it :)

Back