• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Junkyard treasures

Cool, thanks for the schooling!! Its all clear now.

On a side note, I dislike the search function on the new forums. I know this must have been discussed before, but my searches were useless.

When I get a chance I'll head to my local yard to see what they have, but if you find some let me know!

i went back yesterday to get that trunk latch housing...but the screw holding it in was pretty weathered and it got stripped :( bummer...and they had a pre98 console i wanted, buuuuuuut of course, it was broken

If anyone knows of or finds a black driver's side rear door, I would apprciate a heads up. My nephew's on his 98 is pretty rusted and he would like to replace it.

Thanks
Steve

If anyone knows of or finds a black driver's side rear door, I would apprciate a heads up. My nephew's on his 98 is pretty rusted and he would like to replace it.

Thanks
Steve

I found one when I was there, but forgot to check for rust and how good the paint was. It was on a black 98-00 SE.

i need a couple of 16" steel wheels of a police package crown vic!
were there any P71's in the yard?

Hey Elky.....

153742411_505814093_0.jpg

was that at Chuck and Eddies? I didn't see those two weeks ago ...

Yeah, that picture was from Friday. They had to have been there when you went. They definitely weren't just put on the lot.

It was actually 2 Plainville cars too. Looks like they crashed into each other based on the front and rear damage. :shrug: :laugh:

Yeah, that picture was from Friday. They had to have been there when you went. They definitely weren't just put on the lot.

It was actually 2 Plainville cars too. Looks like they crashed into each other based on the front and rear damage. :shrug: :laugh:

hmm must not have gone over into that back corner then ...

coolio!!!
any decent parts on the mangled one?
its the only one that looks like a post 97.
:)

I scored 2 wheels and tires, a door panel and a police grill on saturday.
i lucked out, the car had just been brought it and wasnt even over near the vics yet.

coolio!!!
any decent parts on the mangled one?
its the only one that looks like a post 97.
:)

I scored 2 wheels and tires, a door panel and a police grill on saturday.
i lucked out, the car had just been brought it and wasnt even over near the vics yet.

A whole bunch of interior parts, but the exterior is pretty trashed, and all the doors are gone.

hmm black 98-00 you say tony? Maybe I can replace some of the crappily painted stuff on my car.

I was at chuck and eddies last week and the only 98+ contour was black.. and had a nice rear bumper, until the fool in the tow truck backed into the car in front of the tour and smashed it against the wall. :-(

I'm going up to Bill's auto parts in tolland hopefully tomorrow to pick up a motor for my mystique. Is there any requests that I should keep an eye out for??

I was at chuck and eddies last week and the only 98+ contour was black.. and had a nice rear bumper, until the fool in the tow truck backed into the car in front of the tour and smashed it against the wall. :-(

Really? I only saw one also, but the bumper looked good from what I can remember. :shrug:

Back